Laura_Albrechto_270

Schedules Trigger Tasks Twice

Discussion created by Laura_Albrechto_270 on Mar 23, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 by Laura_Albrechto_270
We are on V8 and recently ran into an issue where we had been making a change / update to a currently active schedule object.  We have some UC4 scripting in the Process tab that will determine if the schedule is already active - and if so, cancel out the old one and activate the new one.  

:SET &UC4A_TYPE#   = SYS_ACT_ME_TYPE
:SET &UC4A_NAME#   = SYS_ACT_ME_NAME
:SET &UC4A_RUN#    = GET_UC_OBJECT_NR(&UC4A_TYPE#,&UC4A_NAME#)
:SET &UC4A_ACTIVE# = SYS_STATE_ACTIVE()
:IF &UC4A_ACTIVE#  = 'Y'
: SET &UC4A_CANCEL# = CANCEL_UC_OBJECT(&UC4A_TYPE#,&UC4A_RUN#)
:ENDIF

This has worked fine for us for many years.  However, in this instance, the original schedule triggered object A, the schedule was refreshed and then the newly activated schedule ALSO triggered object A.  The timing was like this:

16:35 - Object A scheduled to be triggered
16:35:13 - Object A IS activated
16:35:39 - Schedule is cancelled
16:35:39 - New schedule activated
16:35:58 - Object A is activated a second time

I would have thought that  the system would have realized that it had already been triggered, but it didn't.

We can certainly get around this by checking to make sure the schedule doesn't have anything about to be triggered in the next few minutes and wait if necessary, but just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and if you were able to automate a solution around it.  I'm wondering if there is a way to enhance my scripting so that it can determine if anything is about to trigger and if so wait.  I haven't delved too deep there yet.

My main concern however is that apparently there is apparently some kind of leap second that is going to occur on June 30th of this year.  I'm being asked if there are any concerns in relation to UC4.  Initially I said no, but now I'm wondering if processes could get triggered at 19:00 and then again when it hits 19:00 for the 2nd time.  I'm thinking to be safe, we may want to stop schedules at 18:59 and then start them back up at 19:01.

I've never seen this happen before so a little perplexed and looking for some feedback.  

Thanks.

Outcomes