Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  AE cancelling jobs within SAP

Posted Apr 27, 2015 10:15 AM
    On Sundays we have a SAP maintenance window during which only 1 job can process - this job cannot run past our 10:00 am deadline.

We, if the workflow hasn't completed by 10:00 am, use the workflow "Task Properties - Runtime - Max Runtime" options to cancel the workflow.

However, this method only cancelled the AE workflow and not the SAP job ... which over ran and caused  issues with other batch jobs and user access to SAP.

The questions is ... How can we get the job to cancel within SAP too?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ian.

• 2.  AE cancelling jobs within SAP
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2015 05:48 AM

Hello Ian,

what if you configure "max runtime" for the task as well? It has worked on my system.

Peter

• 3.  AE cancelling jobs within SAP

Posted Apr 30, 2015 09:43 AM
    >@</p>Peter Grundler" 

Peter, I will ask our SAP team to identify a job (one that takes a little time to complete) which I can use for testing the different scenarios - MRT on job object and then MRT on both Workflow & Job objects - we'll just have to see.

I have raised a ticket with Automic but the answer was this is "expected behaviour" - I've passed it back as I think their answer was only to using the MRT on the workflow not the job object.

• 4.  AE cancelling jobs within SAP

Posted Jul 06, 2015 10:11 AM
    >@</p>Peter Grundler" 

Peter - thanks for that ... Tested and now in - cancels the job is SAP which is what we require to limit manual intervention.

Ian.