6979faefbacb4dee06d02fb1aad9714d

How to set a recurring execution of an object inside of a job schedule object

Discussion created by 6979faefbacb4dee06d02fb1aad9714d on May 4, 2015
Latest reply on May 5, 2015 by wingsofred
Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a schedule of a bunch of jobs such that each of them recurs at different points during the day.

I know this sounds dumb, but the Job scheduler, for me, is the best way to keep track of a bunch of different objects. That way if our client crashes or something of that nature, then I wouldn't have to go searching for all of the jobs that should be running at that specific time. I could just run the scheduler and it would run the jobs when they needed to be run.

I was thinking it would be good if I could set each of the execution parameters for the tasks loaded into the scheduler but that doesn't seem possible exactly. Like I can set each one to run at specific different times and set it to run every day but not so that it recurs every 5 minutes.

With an Event, I have to set it so all of the jobs run at the same interval which isn't ideal, either.

If I'm not being clear (which I'm really not sure I am), let me know but if anyone has a good idea of how to do this, it would be much appreciated

Outcomes