AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using the File Transfer object

Question asked by 6979faefbacb4dee06d02fb1aad9714d on May 21, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2015 by joel_wiesmann_automic
Hi All,

My company is very interested in using the File Transfer Object as a managed file transfer, we were under the impression that it is a very robust tool in that it can start where it stopped if the transfer goes down. That's definitely useful for us, but I was wondering if it can do a couple of other things that I haven't figured out by playing with it.

We're trying to get it so that it will:

1. Check to see if there are new files in a specific directory and ONLY copy the new ones (or ones that have been modified recently)
  2. Delete files from the destination directory if the files have been deleted from the source directory (like mirroring in robocopy)
  3. Replace the destination files if they already exist (this is a basic overwrite which I saw it should have that functionality)
Anyway, #3 I'm 95% sure it can do, I just need to test it out a bit but I'm not sure about #s 1 & 2 and was wondering if anyone had ever tried to use it for that purpose before (and if so, how did they manage it). We're ideally trying to do this not using scripting (just using the functionality of the transfer object).

On a side note, the Automic community has been ludicrously helpful and I've learned tons from posting questions here and reading through other threads so thank you for being awesome.

-Bertie

Outcomes