Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Two job start in the same time

Posted May 29, 2015 08:03 AM

Hi, I have a workflow with two jobs. First job is SQL procedure that do some extract data and put them in CSV file. Another job is simple script that send that CSV files to some email address. Problem is that in a same time start SQL procedure and script send email. I don’t understand why my second job don’t wait first to end. My command for send email is:

:SET &MAIL# = SEND_MAIL("mail@adress",,"Subject","Body","Attachment")

I have the same problem when I try to replace procedure with job that ping localhost. Any ideas?

• 2.  Two job start in the same time

Posted May 29, 2015 10:19 AM
    Does the second task, the Script than contains the SEND_MAIL function, have its Attributes tab, Runtime Parameters, Generate at runtime option checked?  If not it will execute the script statements at activation and not when the actual task is executed.

• 3.  Two job start in the same time

Posted May 30, 2015 09:36 AM
    Hi Mark, thanks a lot, now everything works fine. I've solved problem when I check option Generate at runtime.

• 4.  Two job start in the same time

Posted Jun 02, 2015 03:26 AM
    I created a KB Article out of this thread - think it could help more people having this issue...

https://uc4.service-now.com/ess/main_content.do?sysparm_content_url=kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0797735  

Hope this is fine for you - if not please let me know.