Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Oracle 12c support?

Posted Jun 12, 2015 03:09 PM
    Hi all,

Does Automation Engine v9 support Oracle 12c database? Actually, a list of exactly what Oracle versions/patches are supported would be ideal.

Is there is an obvious place I should be looking to find this information on my own? I searched the Knowledge Base and didn't see anything relating to AE. I also searched the community before posting, but again did not see what I was looking for. neutral 

Thx!
    Eric

• 2.  Oracle 12c support?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2015 05:43 PM
    Shane was able to help me out. Requirements and supported software are included in each image's help  documentation. I had this idea that the documentation might not reflect the dependent software that was newly tested/supported, but on second thinking this doesn't make much sense! 

For v9 SP8, it's located:
    Open SubmenuAdministration Guide >>> Open SubmenuInstallation >>> TopicRequirements - Check list

Answer to my question: no, Oracle 12c is not supported.

Thx Shane,
    Eric

• 3.  Oracle 12c support?

Posted Jun 16, 2015 12:44 PM
    FYI, starting with v10, with more regular updates of Supported Platforms, they've pulled the section out of the full guide and provide it in an PDF. 
    For example: v10 SP5 PDFs

• 4.  Oracle 12c support?

Posted Jun 18, 2015 05:18 PM
    Hey Eric! 

Oracle 12c is indeed supported in V9 SP11, though the information is not the easiest to find.

ip1e3418q4s9.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/zq/ip1e3418q4s9.png" width="339">

You can find that info here : http://docs.automic.com/documentation/AE/9_SP11/english/PDFs/pdf_listing.php 
    It's in System Requirements section 1.5

Let me know if this information is sufficient. I'm more than happy to continue the search with you. :) 

Best,

Val

• 5.  Oracle 12c support?

Posted Jun 22, 2015 11:12 AM
    Hiya Val!

That is seriously a great find! My team is planning an upgrade to v9 SP11 right now, so this may alter our database upgrade plans, too.

In light of this, maybe I need to clarify my initial request. I wonder if it would be possible for Automic to add some cross reference searching for information like this? For example, our DBA asked if 12c was supported, so rather than going into each version/release looking for 12c, it would be great to be able to search for Oracle 12c, and get a list back of versions that do support that technology. Even being able to search on the Docs website would likely have made finding this information possible on the first pass.

Thanks for checking up on this Val, I will take this back to my team!

Eric

• 6.  Oracle 12c support?

Posted Jul 02, 2015 03:25 PM

Hi Val,

Does 10.0.2 support Oracle Database 12c?  Just wondering. 

• 7.  Oracle 12c support?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 02:47 PM
    Ramanujam_Paravastu_6362
    Support for Oracle 12c for v10 started with 10.0.4.

• 8.  Oracle 12c support?

Posted Mar 13, 2017 07:07 AM
    AE system is supporting the Oracle 11g database as well as Oracle 12c database since AE version 9.13.0 SP12.

Major release and later service packs or minor releases
    Whenever a major release is already supported, by default we will consider that any upcoming service packs or minor releases is supported.
    If anyone believes there might be a specific issue related to a specific update then we would have to investigate.
    We would inform support in that case.
    Here we are talking about Operating System, Database, ERP major and minor releases.