laura_albrecht_automic

Latency with Agents installed Worldwide?

Discussion created by laura_albrecht_automic on Jan 7, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2016 by KarthikMalali604894
Hi.  Interesting question came up today that I wasn't sure about.  I know that there are people out there that have a single AE instance in one geographical location with agents installed on servers around the world rparrish - there must be others as well, but what I wasn't sure of is if anyone experiences any latencies with the AE being in Chicago and an agent being in Switzerland, Austria, Singapore, etc.  Is there anything to be concerned about here?  No worries with delays in processing dependencies or other things like that?

Also, I know that the HELP says that multiple AE's' of the same system should not be separated geographically more than 30 miles from each other.  Anyone know if there are any plans to allow for that in the future?  Perhaps have an AE in Chicago, Switzerland and Singapore and they all communicate with each other.  But if there were network issues and/or an outage in one location - the other locations would be able to continue processing locally.  And then sync everything back up when it came back online?  I have never heard anything like this before, but thought I'd throw it out there. 

Outcomes