Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  &$RESTART_COUNT# and RESTART_UC_OBJECT

Posted Feb 01, 2016 09:51 AM
    Does &$RESTART_COUNT# show an accurate number of restarts if these restarts were initiated using RESTART_UC_OBJECT? If not, is there a way to obtain this information?

• 2.  &$RESTART_COUNT# and RESTART_UC_OBJECT
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 01, 2016 03:07 PM
    In my testing it did not. I use it when the task is in a workflow, and I'm restarting it with postconditions. I'm not sure if there is some other circumstance where it would get updated, but you could always keep your own count in a vara.

• 3.  &$RESTART_COUNT# and RESTART_UC_OBJECT

Posted Feb 01, 2016 05:39 PM
    In my testing it did not. I use it when the task is in a workflow, and I'm restarting it with postconditions. I'm not sure if there is some other circumstance where it would get updated, but you could always keep your own count in a vara.
    That’s what I observed also: &$RESTART_COUNT# is updated only for restarts initiated via postconditions.

• 4.  &$RESTART_COUNT# and RESTART_UC_OBJECT

Posted Feb 02, 2016 10:37 AM
    This appears to be a documented limitation -  List of Predefined Variables for System and Object Values.

Under V8 we usually store this information in a Variable object or sometimes use ADD_COMMENT and the PREP_PROCESS_COMMENTS to keep count.  The Variable technique is the most obvious and using comments has more "moving parts" and we've only used it a limited number of times.