Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Scheduling a job

Posted Feb 04, 2016 01:03 AM
    Hi, I am new to Automic. I created a windows job, work flow and schedule. I want to run this job on all week days. If week day falls on public holiday I don't want to run. I created week day calendar. I am not sure how I can add holiday calendar. Also I want to pass in the calendar date as input to the job. Can you please let know how to proceed with these changes? Thanks and Regards. Vijay

• 2.  Scheduling a job

Posted Feb 04, 2016 07:48 AM

Hi,

we created a separate keyword in the calendar, which includes all week days minus the public holidays. You can use the calendar assistant for that where you can add or subtract days from already defined keywords.

And for passing the date to the job. I wouldn't do this. You can use a script function like SYS_DATE in the job to get the current date.

Hope it helps

• 3.  Scheduling a job

Posted Feb 04, 2016 10:43 AM
    You should be aware that there are multiple functions to acquire a date.  Depending on your requirements you should select the appropriate one, such as:

SYS_DATE_PHYSICAL
    SYS_LDATE
    SYS_DATE

• 4.  Scheduling a job

Posted Feb 04, 2016 04:53 PM
    There is a little bit of an idea of how to use calendar keywords here;

http://docs.automic.com/documentation/AE/10.0/english/AE_WEBHELP/help.htm?product=awa#ucacnt.htm

To create a rule called WORKDAYS, you need the following;
    (1) create one keyword for each of your holidays.
    (2) create a group keyword called HOLIDAYS that includes all of your holidays.
    (3) create a weekly keyword called WEEKDAYS that includes only those days that your business is usually open.
    (4) create a group keyword called WORKDAYS that references WEEKDAYS and excludes HOLIDAYS.