Anon Anon

Anon AnonMar 01, 2016 03:31 PM

Legacy User

Legacy UserOct 03, 2017 06:03 PM

Legacy User

Legacy UserOct 16, 2017 11:58 AM

• 1.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Feb 29, 2016 03:08 PM
    I am wanting to stop using so many static keywords. Any suggestions on how I can code the below: 1) 2ND_SAT_MTH - Job runs the 2ND  Saturday of the month 2) 2ND_WKDY_NOV_SEP - Job runs the 2nd workday starting in November and ending in September. Job doesn't run in October. 3) COUPON_QRTLY - Job runs the 1st Wednesday of the February, May, August, November. 4) EXTNDALLOCM - Job runs every 4th Monday. If Monday's is a national holiday will run on Tuesday. 5) INMAR_EMAIL - Job runs last Wednesday of January, April, July, October.

• 2.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Feb 29, 2016 05:56 PM
    We have a keyword called 2ND.SATURDAY.OF.MONTH.  In order for it to work we first set up a SATURDAY keyword and an 8TH.OF.MONTH keyword.  We then created 2ND.SATURDAY.OF.MONTH as a Roll keyword.  Its source keyword is 8TH.OF.MONTH and we use the "adjust by" feature to tell it to always adjust forward +0 to the next SATURDAY keyword.

To support #2, Do you already have a WORKDAYS keyword?  (Ours is a Group keyword based upon WEEKDAYS and excludes HOLIDAYS.  HOLIDAYS is a group keyword as well.)  If you do, then you can create a 1ST.WORKDAY.OF.MONTH Roll keyword based upon 1ST.OF.MONTH adjusted forward +0 by WORKDAYS.  Then you can use 1ST.WORKDAY.OF.MONTH as the source keyword for 2ND.WORKDAY.OF.MONTH with a forward adjustment +1 by WORKDAYS.

That's all I have time for now.  I'll check back... :)

• 3.  RE: Calendar Keywords

Posted May 08, 2023 08:17 AM

Thanks Pete

• 4.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Mar 01, 2016 11:51 AM
    Pete,
    Thanks so much for sharing. I got the first one to work and working on #2. Trying to figure out how to exclude the month of October's date.

• 5.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Mar 01, 2016 11:58 AM
    Pete,
    The light bulb just went off and I was able to figure out how to code  2ND_WKDY_NOV_SEP - Job runs the 2nd workday starting in November and ending in September. No run in October.

• 6.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Mar 01, 2016 02:10 PM
    3) Derive the 1st WEDNESDAY of the month by starting with 1ST OF MONTH and adjusting forward +0 to WEDNESDAY.  Then restrict your months.

4) Create a new static keyword.  Set its validity period out into the future.  Then go into the "calendar assistant" feature to populate it out into the future.  (The assistant has the ability to schedule every 4th Monday)  Then you can use this keyword in another Roll keyword that always adjusts +0 to the next WORKDAY.  - - - - Or did you mean to request the 4th Monday of every month?

5) Create a LAST.DAY.OF.MONTH keyword.  Then use this in a Roll keyword with and adjust by -1 to your WEDNESDAY keyword.

We only have two truly static keywords in our UC4 calendars.  One is for a floating company holiday that we can never predict.  The other is for when our state government sends its employees home on furlough days because they can't afford to pay them, which we can never predict.

• 7.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Mar 01, 2016 03:31 PM
    What do you mean by restrict the months?

• 8.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Mar 01, 2016 04:50 PM
    I though I would leave that for you to figure out.  :)

One way that we have set up quarterly keywords, is to create a roll keyword that is based upon the keyword that provides the correct day of the month, and then under the "If collisions" tab, we tell it to skip the months that it is not supposed to run on. 

• 9.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Mar 01, 2016 04:56 PM
    For grins, I was just looking at some of our craziest sounding calendar keywords.  We have one called JAN.1ST.SATURDAY.OF.MONTH.AFTER.5TH.WDAY.  It seems crazy that such a business rule should even need to exist, so I did a "search for use", and discovered it is connected to a 1099 tax preparation system that depends upon something that runs on the 5th workday, and they wanted it to run on Saturday to not impact workday performance.  Pretty cool that UC4 can support these crazy requirements!

• 10.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Mar 11, 2016 03:31 PM
    I am back with needing help on how to code a calendar keyword for 'BIWKLY_SAT' (Bi-weekly Saturday's beginning on 03/02/2013)

• 11.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Mar 11, 2016 03:46 PM

The first time I needed to do an "every other week" rule I simply created a WEEKLY keyword, selected the desired day of the week, and told it to use Every 2 weeks.   In some cases this might be good enough.  And it works perfectly for years that have 52 weeks.  However some years have 53 weeks in them, so that when a new year starts, it doesn't work as desired.

The solution (that someone else in these forums taught me) is to just set it up as a static keyword, set its validity period far out into the future, and then use the "calendar assistant" feature to populate it with the desired dates.  Works like a charm!

• 12.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Oct 03, 2017 03:20 PM
    How do I create a keyword for Last Sunday of the Month? The one I have now is not working...it's missing some months.

• 13.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Oct 03, 2017 04:26 PM
    Hi JGi604607 ,

What version are you on? That I can send the correct xml export.

• 14.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Oct 03, 2017 04:32 PM
      |   view attached
    Here's v12.0 - other versions will follow soon.

Attachment(s)

xml
    Last_Sunday_v12.xml   1 KB 1 version

• 15.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Oct 03, 2017 06:03 PM
    Here are the exports for 11.2 and 10.

Attachment(s)

xml
    Last_Sunday_v112.xml   1 KB 1 version
    xml
    Last_Sunday_v10.xml   1 KB 1 version

• 16.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Oct 04, 2017 08:47 AM
    Another approach to these "(n)th (weekday) of the month" requirements that doesn't involve the "adjust by" setting is to do a grouping of two keywords:
    For example: to get the second monday of each month, you'll need to start with these two keywords:
    (1) 2ND_WEEK_OF_MONTH (monthly keyword) -- highlight all of the days in the second (or whatever) week of the month.  E.g., the 2nd week of the month would be the 8th-14th.  (You can use the 'count from end' setting if you're trying to get the last or 2nd to last week of the month.)
    (2) MONDAYS (weekly keyword) -- specify Monday only.

The 2nd Monday of the month is then simply a group keyword where both your 2ND_WEEK_OF_MONTH and MONDAYS calendar/keywords apply.

• 17.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:23 AM
    Thanks for the exports Alexander_Trenker_120! That fixed my issue. :smiley:

• 18.  Calendar Keywords

Posted Oct 16, 2017 11:58 AM
      |   view attached
    Here's also the object for v12.1.

Attachment(s)

xml
    Last_Sunday_v121.xml   2 KB 1 version

• 19.  Re: Calendar Keywords

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:35 PM

Hi,

I am trying to create a keyword for "first weekday of the month" with no luck.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 20.  Re: Calendar Keywords

Posted Jul 17, 2018 03:24 PM

Hi

do you mean the first workingday?

First weekday would be a simple monthly Calendar keyword with 1st of month selected.

First workingday is quite simple as well:

* create a weekly keyword including MON...FRI

* Create a group keyword using the keyword above and "And NONE of the Cale UC_Holidays_XYZ" to exclude holidays

* create a monthly keyword e.g. monthly_1st including the first day only

* create a roll keyword using keyword monthly_1st and adjust +0 and use valid days from group_workingdays

thats it :-)

cheers, Wolfgang

• 21.  Re: Calendar Keywords

Posted Jul 17, 2018 03:38 PM

Thanks Wolfgang! That worked like a charm :-)

• 22.  Re: Calendar Keywords

Posted Jul 17, 2018 03:54 PM

you're welcome :-)

• 23.  RE: Re: Calendar Keywords

Posted Jul 04, 2019 10:18 AM
    Hi,

currently i'm struggeling to setup following.

Every 10th of a months (no problem). 

BUT, IF the 10th of a month is a Saturday or a Sunday the job/workflow should be executed on the friday.

Anyone an idea how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
    Benedikt

• 24.  RE: Re: Calendar Keywords

Posted Jul 04, 2019 10:51 AM
    Hi,

found it -> advanced by option.

regards,
    Benedikt