laura_albrecht_automic

Notification for Objects Stuck "Waiting" on Something

Discussion created by laura_albrecht_automic on Mar 1, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 by JessicaIsaacson603938
Is anyone doing anything with notifications if objects are "waiting" for something too long?

I've been asked if teams can be notified upon failure of a job, which of course they can - however, they are also asking if an object is waiting (i.e. sync, parallel tasks, agent) for too long if there is a way they can be notified as well.

Since those situations aren't technically "failures" I don't see how you'd use the IF RC > 0 ELSE statement on the Runtime Tab of an object or the Result Evaluation per single Task field on the Attributes tab of a workflow.

I'm going to explore seeing I can display / alert on this somehow using Cockpits or scripting, but just wanted to see if anyone else has figured this out already.  I think their fear is that if an agent is down and for some reason the Operations Staff misses the notification for this and any other monitoring / auto restarting fails that they'd have processes waiting for extended periods of time causing issues.  That's a lot of ifs..... but just seeing if this type of notification / alert is possible.

Outcomes