Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Mar 28, 2016 12:44 PM
    Hi.  Has anyone loaded the db for the first time via the command line?  I have always done this via the DB Load GUI utility.  For like 15+ years.   :)

I know that doing it via command line is possible, but I'm running into issues.  I'm trying to do it this way because a) I'm having network connectivity issues from my laptop to the db (connectivity from the Automation Engine to DB is fine) and b) I was told that via command line is faster.

I have opened up a ticket with support as well, but thought I'd throw this out here also in case someone else has any thoughts or has run into this particular issue before.

I use this command:

java -jar ucybdbld -B -X/u02/automic/utility/db/general/11.2/UC_UPD.TXT

I even fully qualify the location of the ucybdbld program:

java -jar /u02/automic/utility/bin/ucybdbld -B -X/u02/automic/utility/db/general/11.2/UC_UPD.TXT

And I get an error about a corrupt jar file.

Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile /u02/automic/utility/bin/ucybdbld

I've re-installed the utilities just in case there was some weird corruption - basically just copied over the TAR file again and same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Laura

• 2.  Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Mar 28, 2016 04:03 PM
    Hi Laura,

Can you try to put the .jar  extension into its name, so something like this:
    java -jar /u02/automic/utility/bin/ucybdbld.jar -B -X/u02/automic/utility/db/general/11.2/UC_UPD.TXT

or if you are within the Utility Bin directory already then:
    java -jar ucybdbld.jar -B -X/u02/automic/utility/db/general/11.2/UC_UPD.TXT

If you try the suggestion above, do you still get the same error message as before in regards to an "Invalid or corrupt jarfile"

• 3.  Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Mar 28, 2016 09:16 PM
    Thanks Luu_Le_185 !!  I got the same answer from Support and that was the issue.  That was a complete oversight.  Not sure how I concocted that command, but easy fix!  Thanks so much for responding!

• 4.  Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Mar 30, 2016 01:01 AM
    I think you might of saw it here :( at the bottom of the DB load section and it kinda show it as it for the example.  I will open up a request to have that updated :)

• 5.  Re: Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Jun 19, 2018 12:03 PM

It's more than 2 years later and the docs still are not updated. I ran into the exact same issue Laura had, which led me to this thread. Here are v12 docs with same misleading examples

• 6.  Re: Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Jun 19, 2018 02:02 PM

Somehow this fell through the crack . I couldn't find the old case (not sure if its due to the migration or my filter not precise enough) but I have created a new case (ticket #01119519) with support to get it rolling again.

• 7.  Re: Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Jun 19, 2018 02:08 PM

It look like it for the v12.1 docs it has already been fixed (12.0 and below wasn't fixed).  I will update you once I get more information on when the the other versions.

• 8.  Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Apr 05, 2016 06:26 AM
    I guess that the error is that in the same folder you have the ucybdbld.jar and ucybdbld binary. Without the .jar extension indicated it seems that java is using the binary file instead of the jar file as it should if the .jar was a standard default extension.

• 9.  Re: Initial DB Load from Command Line

Posted Jun 19, 2018 12:04 PM

Thanks Laura for crossing this bridge 2 years ago. This is exact issue I was having this morning!