laura_albrecht_automic

UNIX Agent Unable To Run Jobs - Permission Errors

Discussion created by laura_albrecht_automic on Jun 1, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 by laura_albrecht_automic
Seeing something weird and may have to open up a ticket but wondering if anyone here has any thoughts / ideas.

I have a UNIX agent.  The agent program has the sticky bit set and is owned by root.  Agent starts up OK, but when I try to run a job, I get this error:

U02003041 Invalid 'chown' call, file name '/u02/automic/agent_servicemanager/bin/../../agent/unix/bin/../temp/JAACSDZM.TXT'. Error code: ('13' - 'Permission denied')

As I looked closer, I saw that the agent log files in the ./temp directory are owned by root:root - weird.
Also saw that the *.kstr file in the ./bin directory owned by root:root - also weird.

I have this same exact installation / version of the agent on another server.  All the permissions / ownership is the same.  But on that server the agent logs are owned by user espdevsvc:espdevsvc and the *.kstr file is owned by root:espdevsvc - just as it should be.

Something isn't quite right.  But I don't know what it is.  I've had 2 UNIX people look at it and we can't figure this out.

Only difference is that on one server the user account is a domain / LDAP account and the other it is local.  But I don't think that should  matter.

Any guesses?

Outcomes