DISCLAIMER : Please note this is not the official update installation guide. The idea is just to give you a quick summary of the necessary steps. For more details please refer to the procedure located here.
1 – Download full image from downloads.automic.com :
- Go to Downloads > Advanced Mode
“Automation Engine” in component field and choose a version.
- Click on the orange link on the right side. The download begins.
2 – Install utilities from the newer version.
- They are located in folder <version>\Utility\<OS>\<processor_type> - e.g. Automation.Engine_Image_10_0_16-05-04-1\10\Utility\windows\x64
all the contents of this directory (except ini files) and paste it in the
already existing Utility\bin directory to update the binaries.
3 – Stop your Automation Engine server processes with the Service Manager Dialog
- Select all server processes : CPs, WPs, PWPs, DWPs while holding the shift key
- Right-click and choose End service > Shutdown (UC4 System) in the context menu
4 – Make a backup copy of your Automation Engine database
This is a security measure to allow a rollback in case of issues during the upgrade process. Please contact your DBA to perform this task.
5 – Update the initial data with DB Load utility
- Copy the contents of <Image_Name>\10\db (e.g. Automation.Engine_Image_10_0_16-05-04-1\10\db) to the folder where utilities reside - for instance C:\Automic\Utility\db
the DB Load Utility in graphical mode
- Look for ‘UC_UPD.TXT’ in folder <utility>\db\general\<version> - e.g. c:\Automic\utility\db\general\10.0 and press ‘Open’.
- Wait until the loading process has completed.
6 – Install new binaries
From the image, copy the contents of folder AutomationEngine\<OS>\<processor type> to the place where your current Automation Engine binaries reside – e.g. C:\Automic\AutomationEngine\bin. Overwrite everything except the ucsrv.ini file.
7 - Restart the server
From the Service Manager Dialog, start one WP in COLD mode : right-click on one WP in the list and choose Start Service with > Coldstart.
- It’s important to start one WP before starting any CP, otherwise it will fail.
- You can bring up all other server processes afterwards.
Conclusion :This document is just a summary of how an Automation Engine upgrade can be performed in a Windows environment, with graphical version of the DB load utility.
Here are a few links related to the upgrade procedure, taken from the documentation :
Updating an AE system–basics :http://docs.automic.com/documentation/AE/10.0/english/AE_WEBHELP/help.htm?product=awa#ucacji.htm
Updating an AE System – Details :http://docs.automic.com/documentation/AE/10.0/english/AE_WEBHELP/help.htm?product=awa#ucaciz.htm
Other components like user interfaces and agents should be updated separately.