Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

How to start a Linux Automic agent with an AD-User Account?

• 1.  How to start a Linux Automic agent with an AD-User Account?

Posted Jul 25, 2016 06:08 AM
    Hello,

I would like to start the Automic agent on our Debian 8 Linux system with an AD-User account and not with a local user account.
    The server, where the agent is installed, has a sernet-samba package installed and is also a member of the AD-Domain. The Automic server is no member of the AD-Domain. With the FTP3-Agent I can transfer files via SFTP and I can execute commands with the AD-credentials.

I can start the Agent with the AD-User, but there is no possibility to start a JOBS or Filetransfer. If a JOBS-Object should be run on that server I always get the Error "Username or Password unknown".

After that, I tried to use PAM for authentication, but actually I don't know how to configure PAM for Debian 8. Does anyone have experience with the PAM-authentication? I changed the 2 parameters ( authentication=pam and libname=l/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpam.so.0)in the ucxjlx6.ini file and created a file /etc/pam.d/ucxjlx6 with the content:

#%PAM-1.0
    auth       include      system-auth
    account    include      system-auth
    password   include      system-auth

I could start the Agent again, but if I try to run a command in a JOBS-object, the agent crahes.

Can annyone help me with this problem? It would be much better for us, if we could start the agent with an AD-user account.

Nils

• 2.  How to start a Linux Automic agent with an AD-User Account?

Posted Jul 27, 2016 02:23 AM
    Running an agent with an AD user is simply not fully supported - it will start but not be able to run jobs or FTs.

The only 2 ways for getting the agent fully working are PAM authentication or a local user.

FYI: supported for the agents of the following UNIX platforms: Solaris, Linux and AIX.
    http://docs.automic.com/documentation/AE/11.2/english/AE_WEBHELP/help.htm?product=awa#ucaaks.htm?Highlight=pam