Expand all | Collapse all

Automic Support issues

Michael A. Lowry

Michael A. LowryOct 17, 2017 05:31 AM

Michael A. Lowry

Michael A. LowryNov 10, 2017 04:55 AM

• 1.  Automic Support issues

Posted Aug 04, 2016 04:34 AM

I collected a list of issues affecting the new Salesforce-based Automic Support web site, from a previous support announcement thread and my earlier thread on problem tickets. I also updated the list to indicate which problems were resolved by the integration of Automic into CA.

I also created a new discussion with the items that remain open, plus new problems discovered after the Automic–CA integration: Issues with CA support & communities 

Automic Support issues

DescriptionStatusDetails
    1Automic ticket owner / assigned-to person should be displayed.ResolvedResolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    2Ability to add users to ticket watch list.Resolved
    3Function to export ticket to PDF.Work-around availableUse operating system’s Print to PDF function.
    4Function to export INC/REQ/PRB lists in Excel/CSV formatResolvedResolved 2016.10.13
    5Ability to rearrange columnsUnknown
    6Ability to choose which columns to display (e.g., Customer Reference, Version, Environment, etc.)Unknown
    7Ticket lists should not be constrained in width to 1048 pixels. The width of the list should adapt automatically to the width of the window (or in the case of mobile devices, to the width of the screen).ResolvedResolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    8Ability to attach files immediately when we are opening an incident.Unknown
    9Ability to attach more than one file at the same time.ResolvedVery likely resolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    10Session timeout too short (support.automic.com: 2 hours; downloads.automic.com: 30 minutes)UnknownUnknown
    11Ability to sort ticket lists by last modification date.UnknownResolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    12Problem tickets with a confirmed bug should have fields for:
    • Jira ticket ID
    • Fix version (e.g., a service pack ID)
    • Fix release date (or estimated release date)
    • Impacted components
    • Any dependencies the fix has (e.g., a UI fix that depends on a corresponding AE fix)
    ResolvedIrrelevant following migration to CA Communities. Incidents will now remain open until a permanent fix has been provided. Problem tickets will no longer be visible to customers.
    13Decide on whether Jira tickets or problem tickets are the unique and canonical identifiers of software bugs.ResolvedSee item #12 above.
    14Emails copied to Case Comments should not include email headers, boilerplate, salutations, or the entire original problem description. Case comments should be succinct, and should be limited to only the actual content that is important to answering the question or resolving the problem.UnknownIdea: Updates to support tickets should be limited to new information relevant to the ticket
    15When opening a new ticket, the Specific Version pop-up menu should list versions reverse-numerically by major version, minor version, and fix level.Resolved
    16When text is entered in Description, Comments, etc., multiple contiguous spaces are concatenated into a single space.UnknownResolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    17“Error: The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change”ResolvedVery likely resolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    18Truncated messages in Case Comments of problem tickets include a link that is not accessible.ResolvedResolved 2016.10.26
    19It is not possible to see, from an incident, to what problem ticket the incident is linked.ResolvedSee item #12 above.
    20Conflict between problem ticket canonicalization and customer privacy. Find a way to protect customer privacy while still preserving the idea of having a single and unambiguous problem ticket for each bug.ResolvedSee item #12 above.
    2016.11.28: Updates to problem tickets are now either entirely public, or private & inaccessible even to the customer to which the updates pertain. This is either worse or better than before, depending on your perspective. See this thread.
    21When Automic has confirmed that a problem is due to a software bug, Automic should provide the customer with the details of the problem, the fix, any work-arounds, etc.Unknown
    22Problem tickets should become automatically visible to all potentially affected customers.ResolvedSee item #12 above.
    23When a serious bug is found, Automic Support should automatically notify all potentially affected customers.Unknown
    24If a comment is added just after a ticket is opened, the ticket is removed from the queue, unnecessarily delaying handling of the ticket.ResolvedVery likely resolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    25Emails sent out about a ticket should always include a link to the ticket.UnknownSome emails are still sent out that lack a link to the ticket.
    26“Error: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: []”ResolvedVery likely resolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    27By default the customer contact should be set to the person opening the ticket.ResolvedResolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    28Number of remaining days before automatic ticket closure should appear in reminder emails. E.g., “If we do not receive any update within 7 days, this request will be considered resolved and will be closed.”ResolvedResolved 2016.10.13
    29The Automic Support web site traps right mouse clicks, disabling the browser’s contextual menu.ResolvedResolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    Deliberate security through obscurity
    30File attachments on tickets should be visible & accessible.ResolvedResolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    31Add Comment, Upload File, and Raise a Concern buttons should be moved to the top of the page.UnknownUnknown
    32No way to create a URL based on the ticket number.UnknownSee this comment from January 2016.
    33Problem ticket numbers missing from downloads.automic.com.UnknownResolved 2017.06.07, but back again on 2017.10.17.
    34Notification email not sent when ticket is automatically closed.ResolvedResolved (late 2017)
    35Enter key submits wrong form on login pageResolvedResolved 2018.04.16 with migration to CA Communities.
    36Unnecessary blank lines in email templates.UnknownUnknown

• 2.  Automic Support issues

Posted Sep 30, 2016 04:39 AM
    Please find below a feedback concerning some points from the list:
    nhna58kqedzy.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/xx/nhna58kqedzy.png" width="859">

More feedbacks to follow.

• 3.  Automic Support issues

Posted Sep 30, 2016 06:13 AM
    I wanted to highlight that, thanks to your feedback, an improvement was implemented a few weeks ago concerning the visibility on the problem tickets. In fact, a problem becomes visible to ALL the contacts of a company as soon as at least one of the contacts of the same company is listed in the subscription list. The aim of this change is to give you the possibility to search/follow all the problems opened by any other member of your company.
    If we combine this to the “follow” functionality in the incidents, you have a 360° view of all the tickets handled with the customer service team and this include both incidents and problems triggered by your organization. 

More improvements will follow.

• 4.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 03, 2016 04:10 AM
    Please find below a feedback concerning some points from the list:
    The Automic Support web site traps right mouse clicks, disabling the browser’s contextual menu.
    Will not fix
    This is a security limitation.
    More feedbacks to follow.
    I find the explanation for why right mouse clicks are trapped difficult to believe. Trapping mouse clicks has nothing to do with security. If the intent is to prevent users from viewing page source HTML, downloading individual elements, or copying links, then trapping mouse clicks does not achieve any of these goals; it only makes these tasks more inconvenient. This is security only in the sense of security through obscurity, which as we know is not true security.

• 5.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 13, 2016 07:44 AM
    Mario Tadros wrote:
    I wanted to highlight that, thanks to your feedback, an improvement was implemented a few weeks ago concerning the visibility on the problem tickets.
    More improvements will follow.
    Great news. I noticed today that issues 4 and 28 have been resolved too. I have updated the table.

Thanks for the continued improvements. They are very much appreciated.

• 6.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 17, 2016 03:43 AM
    Mario_Tadros_1606: I have just seen that it is not possible to enable the Follow this ticket option for a ticket, once it has been opened.

• 7.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 17, 2016 04:17 AM
    Are you talking about the most recent ticket created today?

• 8.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 17, 2016 04:18 AM
    Mario Tadros said:
    Are you talking about the most recent ticket created today?
    Yes.

• 9.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 17, 2016 04:31 AM
     This is an expected behaviour.
     In fact, when you are the owner of the incident, you are already notified with all the communications in it, so you don't need to add yourself as a "Follower", but you can add one or more colleagues as "Followers" via the button "Add Followers".
    Now when you are not the owner of the ticket, you have the option "Follow" to add yourself as a follower.

I hope this answers your question.

• 10.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 17, 2016 04:34 AM
    Mario Tadros said:
     This is an expected behaviour.
     In fact, when you are the owner of the incident, you are already notified with all the communications in it, so you don't need to add yourself as a "Follower", but you can add one or more colleagues as "Followers" via the button "Add Followers".
    Now when you are not the owner of the ticket, you have the option "Follow" to add yourself as a follower.

I hope this answers your question.
    Yes. I suppose the confusion arose because when opening an incident for oneself, it is possible to enable this check box.

• 11.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 17, 2016 04:36 AM
    I see.
    I will make few tests and come back to you with my feedbacks.

• 12.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 18, 2016 09:50 AM
    Following my tests, I discovered that we have this "visual" problem with the "follow" box available when you create a case. At the end, even when you check it, it doesn't change anything as you are already the owner, so I agree that push to confusion so I created an internal change request to remove it. 
    Thank you for your feedback on this issue, really helpfull. 

• 13.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 24, 2016 03:29 AM
    Mario_Tadros_1606:

I see that when I am viewing an incident opened by one of my colleagues, there is now a Follow button in the upper right corner of the page.
    83g6zhxupt3z.png

Clicking this button appears to work as expected. It changes to a Following indicator with a black X button to reverse the change (un-follow the ticket).
    5mavsfeusngo.png

The Follow this ticket? check box is still displayed, but it appears to be non-functional.
    1kn5xdbpqs15.png

• 14.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 26, 2016 05:05 AM
    Problem #18 has been resolved. Links in truncated messages in the Case Comments now work correctly. E.g.,
    - - T R U N C A T E D - -

- -
    PLEASE CHECK EMAIL MESSAGE TO VIEW COMPLETE DETAIL by Click Here
    When one clicks the Click Here link, a pop-up window appears, displaying the entire message.

• 15.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 08, 2016 09:06 AM
    Concerning the "Follow" option, the dev team is working on it and I will include this in the checklist.

• 16.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 08, 2016 09:06 AM
    Concerning the problem#18, please provide any other feedback if needed. Thank you again for your help.

• 17.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 14, 2016 07:56 AM
    Hi,
    The "Follow" option is now fixed:
    - When you are the owner of a case, you can't see the "follow" option anymore
    - If you follow the case you should not see anymore the question asking to follow.
    Please feel free to provide me your feedbacks.
    thank you

• 18.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 29, 2016 01:12 PM
    New update concerning : 
    20. Conflict between problem ticket canonicalization and customer privacy. Find a way to protect customer privacy while still preserving the idea of having a single and unambiguous problem ticket for each bug.

==> the behavior is modified as described below:

o   case comments written by the customer directly on the customer portal are visible for privileged contacts only

o   e-mails sent from the customer are either not visible to anybody outside of Support or are visible to all people on the subscription list of the PRB case; default is ‘Private’ (can be switched using the ‘Make Private’ / ‘Make Public’ link next to the case comment).

o   same applies to e-mails sent from support to customers; even if an e-mail is sent to just one contact it’s either fully visible or not visible at all to customers; same default, same possibility to switch.

• 19.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 29, 2016 01:13 PM
    Can you please five me more details concerning : 
    ##############################################
    26. “Error: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: []”

#############################################

thank you

• 20.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 29, 2016 01:14 PM
    The same concerning the error message:
    ###################################
    “Error: The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change”
    ##################################

Which action(s) is(are) causing this message?
    Thank you

• 21.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 03:42 AM
    Mario Tadros wrote:
    New update concerning : 
    20. Conflict between problem ticket canonicalization and customer privacy. Find a way to protect customer privacy while still preserving the idea of having a single and unambiguous problem ticket for each bug.

==> the behavior is modified as described below:

o   case comments written by the customer directly on the customer portal are visible for privileged contacts only

o   e-mails sent from the customer are either not visible to anybody outside of Support or are visible to all people on the subscription list of the PRB case; default is ‘Private’ (can be switched using the ‘Make Private’ / ‘Make Public’ link next to the case comment).

o   same applies to e-mails sent from support to customers; even if an e-mail is sent to just one contact it’s either fully visible or not visible at all to customers; same default, same possibility to switch.

I wrote to Michiel V. about this topic a couple of days ago. I will paraphrase the pertinent portion of this email:

As I understand it, after these changes, we can no longer use the problem ticket on Automic's web site to read recent correspondence between us an Automic, or to to see the status of a problem ticket by looking at these recent communications. If my understanding is correct, then the fix Automic implemented to enhance customer privacy is a partial/temporary solution at best.

Is there any way to make all communication between us and Automic visible to all of our contacts automatically? If so, then this would be our preference.

As it is now, we will have to keep our own independent record of communications for each ticket, e.g., by opening a ticket in our internal ticketing system for each problem ticket open in Automic's SalesForce support site, manually copying every single communication into our internal ticket to ensure that a history of these communications is kept and is made available to all of us.

We expect that for problem tickets to which we are subscribed, all public comments, and all communications sent to or from us will be visible to all of our contacts. I certainly hope that a way can be found to make problem tickets work in this straightforward and logical way.  What do you think? Will it will be possible to make it work in this way?

If not, then we would probably prefer to handle all communication via incidents. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

• 22.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 03:48 AM
    I got your point and I already communicated it to our internal Process manager in order to continue working on the requested improvements. Meanwhile, I wanted to highlight that the majority of your problems do not concern any other customer, which means that this won't really change anything for you. 
    When we will have the (isolated) case where a problem is concerning several customers, we will handle this differently based on your preferences. 

I will get back to you as soon as I have a feedback from the process manager.
    Again, thank you for your precious follow-up.

• 23.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:31 AM
    Mario Tadros wrote:
    “Error: The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change”

Submitting a comment to an incident. It seems to happen if the session has timed out between the time that the incident was originally displayed and the time the comment is submitted.

• 24.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:34 AM
    Mario Tadros wrote:
    ##############################################
    26. “Error: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: []”
    #############################################
    I do not recall which action resulted in this error message. It was a long time ago. Based on the word 'Insert', I would guess it was adding a comment to an incident, or perhaps adding an attachment.

• 25.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:41 AM
    For this one:

What happens to your comment? it's lost or you can recover it somehow? 

• 26.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:42 AM
    Concerning the other one "26":
    Maybe it's related to the same context, I will check again with the IT team and get back to you.

• 27.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:46 AM
    Mario Tadros wrote:
    For this one:
    What happens to your comment? it's lost or you can recover it somehow? 
    It was lost.

• 28.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 07:39 AM
    Another question concerning:

Submitting a comment to an incident. It seems to happen if the session has timed out between the time that the incident was originally displayed and the time the comment is submitted.

But You need to click on "Add comment", so you are saying that even if the sessions has timed out, the comment window is opened, but then when you try to save your comment, you have the error?
    Or you opened the comment window, then you  left it for a long time and at this point the session has timerd out?

• 29.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 30, 2016 07:50 AM
    Mario_Tadros_1606, it was a long time ago, and I do not remember the details of the situation that led to the error in that case. It happened again recently though, and I remember the scenario:
    1. Log in and view ticket.
    2. Leave computer in sleep mode overnight, and wake it up the next day.
    3. ClickAdd Comment, enter comment text, and clickSave.

• 30.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 06, 2016 09:31 AM
    Mario Tadros wrote:
    I got your point and I already communicated it to our internal Process manager in order to continue working on the requested improvements. Meanwhile, I wanted to highlight that the majority of your problems do not concern any other customer, which means that this won't really change anything for you. 
    When we will have the (isolated) case where a problem is concerning several customers, we will handle this differently based on your preferences.
    I will get back to you as soon as I have a feedback from the process manager.
    We are becoming quite frustrated by the fact that updates and correspondence in problem tickets are not made automatically visible to us. Here is a scenario that has repeated several times in the past week:
    1. We receive an email with a subject like We need your feedback on problem...,asking for additional information related to a problem ticket.
    2. We click the link in the email, entitled View or edit problem in a web browser, to review recent activities in the problem ticket and familiarize ourselves with the current status.
    3. The problem ticket does not show a complete record of updates and correspondence, but only an incomplete subset. Often, the most recent entry that is visible to us is several days old, and multiple updates posted since are not visible.
    4. Giving up on finding the information in the problem ticket, we go through the emails we have received, filter by the problem ticket number, and read these mails one by one.
    5. We have no way of knowing which entries are visible to whom, or why some entries are made visible to us, but others are not. This inconsistent and unpredictable behavior is frustrating and discouraging, and we often resort to sending emails instead of updating the pertinent tickets directly.
    6. When either we or Automic relies on email instead of the Automic Support web page, we increase the risk of miscommunication, delay, and redundant work.
    I hope that the problem with problem tickets can be resolved quickly.

• 31.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 12, 2016 03:56 AM
    I suggest that the Add Comment, Upload File, and Raise a Concern buttons be moved to the top of the page. Right now, they are positioned below the ticket Description. Because the description varies in length from one ticket to another, these buttons are not positioned consistently for all tickets. Sometimes, when the description is very long, the buttons are even displayed off the page when the page is first rendered. This means that the user must scroll down just to display them.

If the buttons were displayed at the top of the page — say, above the Information sections, or above the Description section, they would be displayed consistently for all tickets, and would seldom be rendered off-screen.

• 32.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 12, 2016 07:57 AM
    Michael_Lowry
    I will ad this improvement request to our internal list and keep you updated.

Thank you

• 33.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 20, 2016 08:27 AM
    one thing i have noticed is that when I've completed the initial steps to raise a new incident ticket for an applications manager issue I am presented with a list of knowledge base articles that may be relevant - however, a large number of the KB articles listed don't relate to the product that I selected when raising the ticket.

• 34.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 20, 2016 10:05 AM
    PatRichards603220
    One thing you should know is that the automatic forward to the KB is totally based on the words that you put in the incident's "Subject". (e.g: a this subject "     Jobs remain at RUNNING status" is very common and could be an issue in any product in our catalogue).
    Therefore, sometimes it's very useful to create an incident with a specific subject like for example the error code or message. This is not applicable to all the incidents but it could be useful for some of them.

I hope that this tip helps you in the future.

• 35.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 20, 2016 10:25 AM
    OK - I guess what I was getting at was that having supplied the Product and version when raising the incident it would be nice if the list of KB articles presented was at filtered using that information....

• 36.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 20, 2016 10:41 AM
    I agree with Pat!!  I like the fact that the Incident ticketing system provides suggested articles that may be related to my problem, thus possibly allowing me to resolve my own issue.  But if the search is simply going on Subject alone without taking into consideration additional information that I have provided, primarily the Product and Version, then many of the articles found will not be applicable.  Thus, presenting them to me as a possible solution is just a waste of my time. Ed.

• 37.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 20, 2016 12:17 PM
    Perhaps the KB search results returned could be categorized by product, with the product for which the user just opened an incident appearing first.

• 38.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 23, 2016 07:57 AM
    Hello,
    Thank you for your feedbacks concerning this subject. I can understand the need and will communicate the improvement to our IT team and see how can we implement it. Meanwhile, I would like to precise that the KB is available with different filters (as you request) and a quick search in the KB before opening the incident could also be helpful.
    Thank you 

• 39.  Automic Support issues

Posted Jan 27, 2017 10:23 AM
    It would be nice if the support site had a social network-style interface, with little icons in the upper right just as we have with this lovely community site:
    • ANotificationsicon, indicating new events that have happened since the user last checked.
    • AMailboxicon, where the user can view recent communications, independent of to which ticket they pertain;
    • ABookmarksicon, where the user can save links to important or frequently-visited tickets.
    • ATo-doorAction itemsicon, where the user can see a list of tickets requiring his attention.

• 40.  Automic Support issues

Posted Mar 09, 2017 10:12 AM
    I updated item #14 in the list, with the following description:
    Automic emails copied to Case Comments should not include email headers, boilerplate, salutations, or the entire original problem description. Case comments should be succinct, and should be limited to only the actual content that is important to answering the question or resolving the problem.

It would be really nice to make some progress on this issue. Currently, almost all updates added to cases by Automic staff are needlessly verbose and full of text that is irrelevant.

Here is an example from a ticket I was working on earlier today. I received an email about the ticket, notifying me that an update had been made. When I opened the ticket, I saw that the entire email had been copied into theCase Comments. Here is how it looks, with the superfluous bits blurred.

8t4mkmmbk7s1.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/jo/8t4mkmmbk7s1.png" width="697">

Each time we receive an email from Automic staff about an incident, a similar amount of irrelevant text is added. This makes it difficult to read the history of the ticket. It would be preferable if only new and pertinent content were copied into theCase Comments.

• 41.  Automic Support issues

Posted Mar 23, 2017 09:21 AM

I just opened a new enhancement request for items 14 and 20 in the list above:

When they are accepted for voting, if you like these ideas, please vote for them!

• 42.  Automic Support issues

Posted May 02, 2017 04:14 AM
    For a couple of days last week, I thought item #14 on the list had been resolved. I received a few notification emails advising me that new comments had been added to tickets. These emails were much more concise than the standard boilerplate-laden emails to which I have become accustomed.
    Subject: New case comment notification on Ticket Number INC00******
    The notification emails contained just the text of the new comment and a link to the ticket. I was very pleased by the improvement.

Unfortunately, my pleasure at this discovery was short-lived. I learned that I had been mistakenly sent email notifications using an email template intended only for internal Automic staff. The configuration error was “corrected”, and I am once again receiving the needlessly verbose notification emails as before.

• 43.  Automic Support issues

Posted May 16, 2017 09:39 AM
    When a new incident is opened, a form email is sent, with this attached image.
    ni1kr7dw4hxk.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/rc/ni1kr7dw4hxk.png" width="613">
    There is no need to attach an image that consists only of text. It is wasteful and makes things difficult for visually-impaired users. Also, the system knows both the support level of the customer and the priority of the newly-opened incident. So if for example a platinum customer opens a P2 incident, the above image could be replaced with the following statement in text:
    Automic Support will resolve this incident within 14 days. (More info on SLAs)

• 44.  Automic Support issues

Posted May 17, 2017 07:37 AM
    Below is an email we received after opening a new incident.

uuizr25gv5d3.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/z5/uuizr25gv5d3.png" width="698">

This whole email could be replaced by the following text:
    P2 incident INCXXXXXXX (customer reference text) has been assigned to one of our support engineers. Automic Support will resolve this incident within 14 days. (More info on SLAs)

The rest of the information in the email is redundant or superfluous.

• 45.  Automic Support issues

Posted Jun 01, 2017 03:21 AM
    Today I went to downloads.automic.com to download Automation Engine v12.0.2. I noticed that the problem ticket numbers are no longer included in the list of bug fixes. Problem ticket numbers were listed before, and this was very helpful. I assume they were removed deliberately, but I hope this was just a mistake and that they will be added back. I added this to the table as item #33.

Update 2016.06.07 16:37 CEST: This problem has been resolved. The ticket numbers are back. E.g., this list of bugs fixed in AE Utilities v12.0.2:
    fdngypgvj36s.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/at/fdngypgvj36s.png" width="698">
    Thanks for the quick fix.

• 46.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 09, 2017 08:58 AM
    I added item #34 to the list:
    Notification email not sent when ticket is automatically closed.

I also checked the other items in the list. No other items have updates, as far as I know.

• 47.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 11, 2017 07:13 AM
    The newly modified login page for support.automic.com is somewhat broken.
    jdt4mkmf211u.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/du/jdt4mkmf211u.png" width="1075">
    If one enters one’s email address & password and hits Enter, the page submits the Activate button on the left, even if the cursor is positioned in one of the fields on the right.

I added this as item #35.

• 48.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 11, 2017 08:32 AM
    There are many unnecessary blank lines in some of the email templates. Here is an example.
    6c7p3tgfn4mp.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/k1/6c7p3tgfn4mp.png" width="957">

I added this as item #36.

• 49.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:05 AM
    Hi Michael_Lowry
    We are checking the #35 with our internal IT and I will keep you updated ASAP.
    Thank you for the feedback.

• 50.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 13, 2017 04:30 AM
    Mario Tadros wrote:
    We are checking the #35 with our internal IT and I will keep you updated ASAP.
    This bug has another knock-on effect. When I load the login page in Safari on macOS or iOS, my saved password is automatically inserted into the correct field, but my email address is inserted into the wrong field: the one on the left.

• 51.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 13, 2017 08:39 AM
    Hi Michael_Lowry
    The #35 and the last point should be fixed by our internal IT team before the weekend.
    Thank you again for your precious feedbacks.

• 52.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 17, 2017 03:51 AM
    Mario Tadros said:
    The #35 and the last point should be fixed by our internal IT team before the weekend.
    Problem #35 is now halfway fixed. The form now submits correctly, based on which field has focus. However, the problem I mentioned on 13 October remains.

• 53.  Automic Support issues

Posted Oct 17, 2017 05:31 AM
    Problem number #33 is back.

• 54.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 10, 2017 04:55 AM
    Item #35 is still only partially fixed.
    yyt5ws16nhr2.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/0y/yyt5ws16nhr2.jpg" width="1600">

• 55.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 10, 2017 08:56 AM
    It sure would be nice if problem #14 could be addressed. Scrolling through the Case Comments in our incidents and problems, the difference in readability between our updates and Automic’s is jarring. Our updates contain just the relevant text. Automic’s are full of repetitive, distracting, space-wasting boilerplate. Is there any hope that there will be an improvement here?

• 56.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 10, 2017 09:56 AM
    I fully agree with you

Michael A. Lowry

regarding #14

• 57.  Automic Support issues

Posted Nov 14, 2017 01:07 PM
    Michael A. Lowry said:
    Notification email not sent when ticket is automatically closed.

I also checked the other items in the list. No other items have updates, as far as I know.
    I checked our internal ticket on this issue - still no new information on the progress.  I have updated the ticket requesting for a status.  

• 58.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:16 AM

Today, 04-12-2018 08:08 I received an email from Support with the subject "Final Reminder : we need your feedback on  REQ00215912" saying that "If we do not receive any feedback within 7 days, this request will be considered as resolved and closed", but when I open the ticket it was already Closed ?!

• 59.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 07, 2017 05:46 PM
    Notification email not sent when ticket is automatically closed.

Hi Michael_Lowry,

Regarding item #34,

the Auto boost feature will send 3 notifications to the customer and then will automatically close the ticket.
    On closure a notification is sent, but only to the case owner.

They are still reviewing if this behavior has been changed previously.

• 60.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:36 PM
    Hi Michael_Lowry
    Please find below an update concerning the different items in the list:
    #1 Automic ticket owner / assigned-to person should be displayed. 

No changes will be implemented as we consider this info as only internal, meanwhile, any communication outgoing to the customer is always signed by the support engineer who is sending it.

• 61.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:39 PM
    Michael_Lowry
    #3 Function to export ticket to PDF.
    We have already the export to CSF/excel function for the list view of inc/prb/req. If you are talking about the export to PDF of 1 single case, I think that the functionality of "Print to PDF" is sufficient for the need, do you agree?

• 62.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:40 PM
    Mario Tadros said:
    Hi Michael_Lowry
    Please find below an update concerning the different items in the list:
    #1 Automic ticket owner / assigned-to person should be displayed. 

No changes will be implemented as we consider this info as only internal, meanwhile, any communication outgoing to the customer is always signed by the support engineer who is sending it.
    OK. Keep in mind though that this is a policy change compared to before, when Automic used Service Now. Combined with the other things like form-letter boilerplate emails, this sort of deliberate obscurity makes the interaction between Automic Support staff and customers less friendly and more impersonal. I hope you will keep this in mind as you plan for the future.

• 63.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:43 PM
    Mario Tadros said:
    Michael_Lowry
    #3 Function to export ticket to PDF.
    We have already the export to CSF/excel function for the list view of inc/prb/req. If you are talking about the export to PDF of 1 single case, I think that the functionality of "Print to PDF" is sufficient for the need, do you agree?
    Yup, that’s sufficient. Thanks.

• 64.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:44 PM
    # 17 “Error: The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change”

Did you have any recurrence or it's still an isolated issue? 

• 65.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:47 PM
    #19 It is not possible to see, from an incident, to what problem ticket the incident is linked.

I will check with our process manager and give you a final decision.

• 66.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:51 PM
    Mario Tadros said:
    # 17 “Error: The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change” Did you have any recurrence or it's still an isolated issue? 
    It happens e.g., if I start writing an update and then go to a meeting and come back to finish & submit the update. It seems that if the session times out, any text that has been entered is simply lost.

• 67.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:53 PM
    #22 Problem tickets should become automatically visible to all potentially affected customers.

In fact, we don't make the problem itself visible, but the related Known error/article is visible with the RCA, the associated workaround and even sometimes with the target date of the fix release. We don't think that a problem with all the details of some customers environments and data should be automatically visible to all customers. 

• 68.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 11, 2017 05:11 PM
    #22 Problem tickets should become automatically visible to all potentially affected customers.

In fact, we don't make the problem itself visible, but the related Known error/article is visible with the RCA, the associated workaround and even sometimes with the target date of the fix release. We don't think that a problem with all the details of some customers environments and data should be automatically visible to all customers. 
    I agree, and this harkens back to the discussion from February. I really think it should be possible to create only one problem ticket per problem, make general information in problem tickets visible to affected customers, and still protect customer privacy.

Automic should obviously not make public things that should not be public. Instead, make a distinction between information that is visible to all potentially affected customers, and information that is visible only to a particular customer.
     Public information should not include private data from the customer who first reported the problem. It should be anonymized or should be based on examples & tests conducted in-house by Automic.

If SalesForce does not let you control the privacy of different parts of a problem ticket in a more intelligent way, then please keep in mind that this is a serious limitation of your chosen ITSM system. It’s not just a minor inconvenience either; it means that important information is not making it to customers in time for it to be useful to them. The result affects your support organization too, because your staff have to handle more needless incidents that could have been prevented by earlier, proactive, dissemination of information to customers.

• 69.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:50 AM
    Notification email not sent when ticket is automatically closed.

Hi Michael_Lowry,

Regarding item #34,

the Auto boost feature will send 3 notifications to the customer and then will automatically close the ticket.
    On closure a notification is sent, but only to the case owner.

They are still reviewing if this behavior has been changed previously.

Hi Michael_Lowry,

Do you have any other sample tickets our internal IT can look into?  They looked at INC00137251, INC00137216 that you had referenced, but both of them were manually closed by support engineers.  They were not automatically closed by the Auto boost feature.

• 70.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:54 AM
    Harriet_Kim_1764 wrote:
    Do you have any other sample tickets our internal IT can look into?  They looked at INC00137251, INC00137216 that you had referenced, but both of them were manually closed by support engineers.  They were not automatically closed by the Auto boost feature.
    I believe this problem has been resolved. For example, I received an automated email when INC00137596 was auto-closed.

• 71.  Automic Support issues

Posted Dec 15, 2017 10:22 AM
    Michael Lowry said:
    Harriet_Kim_1764 wrote:
    I believe this problem has been resolved. For example, I received an automated email when INC00137596 was auto-closed.
    Awesome, I am glad to hear it is resolved! Thanks for the confirmation, Michael_Lowry.  I will notify our IT that the internal ticket can be closed.

• 72.  Re: Automic Support issues

Posted Apr 16, 2018 05:15 AM

I updated the list following the weekend’s migration to CA Communities. Several items are no longer relevant; several were resolved; and one previously-fixed problem has returned. The problem that returned is that all content entered into the Add Comment box is discarded if one accidentally clicks outside of the box. I added item #37 for this.

• 73.  Re: Automic Support issues

Posted Apr 16, 2018 05:40 AM

If you saved any links to incidents at support.automic.com, these links are now broken. They do not redirect to the corresponding incidents at comm.support.ca.com, but only to the main CA support site support.ca.com. I added item #38 for this.