Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Anyone already working with SAP HANA with Automation Engine?

Posted Aug 15, 2016 02:55 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Does anyone already using Automation Engine with SAP HANA?
    How is the experience and what pre-requite should be done and things to take care of for this to work?

Regards,
    Carlos

• 2.  Anyone already working with SAP HANA with Automation Engine?

Posted Aug 16, 2016 11:48 AM

For the automation engine it doesn’t matter if you are using the SAP Hana release, or the Hana DB within your SAP system.

Hope this is helpful.

• 3.  Anyone already working with SAP HANA with Automation Engine?

Posted Aug 29, 2016 05:06 AM

Hello,

Do you mean the SAP HANA database agent? I'm also interesting to use this SQL agent as well. Currently I'm using the Linux agent to execute the linux shell scripts for handling the HANA database activities.

I would like to know what is the different / benefits to buy the HANA database agent compare to using Linux agent + shell scripts?

I try to search for the information but there is not much things about HANA database agent provided on Automic website.

Thank you very much.

• 4.  Anyone already working with SAP HANA with Automation Engine?

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:11 AM
    Hi Wimonchai,

I dont think the topic of this post was about the Database Agent for SAP HANA, but it would give me the base to answer Carlos question together with yours:

CarlosCardano604892 SAP HANA can not be used as a Database to run the Automation Engine at all. SAP HANA can be triggered by the Automic Database Agent, but not not for running the Automic System on it (therefore you can use DB2, Oracle and MSSQL.

WimonchaiW. I think the most information about how to use the Database Agent and the DB Job you can find here: http://docs.automic.com/documentation/AE/11.2/english/AE_WEBHELP/help.htm?product=awa#ucacju.htm%3FTocPath%3DUser%2520Guide%7CObjects%7CAlphabetical%2520Listing%7CJob%7CForm%2520Tabs%7C_____4

maybe other customers have more experience on it than I have.

• 5.  Anyone already working with SAP HANA with Automation Engine?

Posted Jul 04, 2017 05:58 AM

The SQL Agent can Connect to SAP HANA S/4 with the appropriate jdbc driver in place.
    (At least JDBC driver type 4)

• 6.  Anyone already working with SAP HANA with Automation Engine?

Posted Nov 06, 2017 08:34 AM
    I attach a link to an arcticle from SAP how to connect to SAP HANA via JDBC:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/0eec0d68141541d1b07893a39944924e/2.0.00/en-US/ff15928cf5594d78b841fbbe649f04b4.html

Best Regards
    Christian Glaser