Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How can I stop a foreach workflow if the last step fails before it is done processing its list?

Posted Aug 18, 2016 02:50 PM
    I have a foreach workflow where the last step in the job is checking for errors in a log file.  It does its check just fine but when it finds an issue and errors like it's suppose to the foreach workflow moves on since there is nothing catching that last step to to see if it ended ANY_OK.

Is there a method that anyone uses that would catch that error and halt the workflow instead of carrying on?

• 2.  How can I stop a foreach workflow if the last step fails before it is done processing its list?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 19, 2016 03:45 AM
    In late V9 I was also not able to cancel or block the FE Workflow when the last object failed (tried almoste everything with dependencies and single task evaluation)
    I got only one method working:
    in the Postcondition of the FE Task (Win job in my case) I defined a check of the job`s returncode - if not zero then cancel process flow. That was the only constellation I got the FE workflow to be cancelled.

• 3.  How can I stop a foreach workflow if the last step fails before it is done processing its list?

Posted Aug 23, 2016 03:33 AM
    Is the last Object in your FE Workflow a Script object?

When I replaced the SCRI object with a JOBS Object the WF worked correctly - maybe a bug :-)

• 4.  How can I stop a foreach workflow if the last step fails before it is done processing its list?

Posted Nov 16, 2017 05:13 AM
    Wolfgang Brueckler said:
    In late V9 I was also not able to cancel or block the FE Workflow when the last object failed (tried almoste everything with dependencies and single task evaluation)
    I got only one method working:
    in the Postcondition of the FE Task (Win job in my case) I defined a check of the job`s returncode - if not zero then cancel process flow. That was the only constellation I got the FE workflow to be cancelled.
    Hi Wolfgang, do you still have that postcondition/script? Having the same problem...

Thanks,

Fionn

• 5.  How can I stop a foreach workflow if the last step fails before it is done processing its list?

Posted Nov 16, 2017 05:56 AM
    The V9 stuff? Hmm thats from the old days when dinosaurs were stomping through the Austrian prairie....

will have a look if I can dig it out of my backyard shed, I am sure its located next to Mozart's Symphony scripts...

• 6.  How can I stop a foreach workflow if the last step fails before it is done processing its list?

Posted Nov 16, 2017 06:11 AM
    unbelievable...
    I did find it :-)

here you go:
    jl93y421wpck.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/2n/jl93y421wpck.jpg" width="902">