Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Override user object creation in

Posted Sep 27, 2016 08:03 AM
    Is there a way to put the newly created user objects in a given location specified by parameter instead of the default <no-folder> location?
    We have a directoy structure that contains all user objects for a given client and would like to put the users created by ldapsync in this very same location.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to automate the creation of objects in a specified folder.
    By default, all the new object will be created in the no-folder of the user interface.

• 2.  Override user object creation in

Posted Sep 28, 2016 03:19 AM
    as this has the label "supresolved" do you exspect any additional hints or comments?

• 3.  Override user object creation in

Posted Sep 28, 2016 07:45 AM
    You can't create them in a certain folder, but after they are created you could use MOVE_OBJECT and put them in the folder you wanted.

• 4.  Re: Override user object creation in

Posted Nov 11, 2018 10:36 AM

I have a small script and a few SQLI variable that are helping me to cleanup the <no folder> of the user Objects created by the LDAP Sync. It's a bit playing with the OH and OFS tables to find the folder name of objects as it is not a single field in the object definition. Basically if an object is located in a folder named "k\<client number>" then it is in the <no folder> ...

I have it also to get the full "path" or folder tree for all objects in a client. Can be helpful too, i.e. to automate a distribution in a structured folder tree based on criteria in the object names and/or type.

Let me know if someone is interested in it.

• 5.  Re: Override user object creation in

Posted Feb 20, 2019 05:29 PM

I'd love to take a look at it if you wouldn't mind.

• 6.  Re: Override user object creation in

Posted Mar 08, 2019 01:37 PM

Can't attached a sample to this topic type. Let me know how can I send it to you or how post it on the forum.

Sorry for the delay in answer but I wasn't on the forum for some time now.

Regards.

Alain