AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Sep 30, 2016 02:20 PM
      |   view attached
    With a new User Interface comes a new Certification path for AWA.  For a quick sheet on this update, please view the attached .pdf including possible questions you might have.

wgkv288r8v2k.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/lt/wgkv288r8v2k.jpg" width="532">

Attachment(s)

• 2.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Oct 02, 2016 10:47 AM
    I welcome the extended certification path!

Considering that the next Automic World Europe will be around May 2017, is there any chance to get the AWA Designer CCE until then to go for the Expert Exam? I don't find any information on how to get one of these eLearning credits, also the elective topics are not mentioned anywhere.

• 3.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Oct 04, 2016 02:08 PM
    Hi Joel!

eLearning credits are sold individually or as an ELA by your Account Manager, and they also are included in your organization's Maintenance contract.  Silver, Gold, and Platinum Support have 2, 5 and 10 (respectively) credits to be used annually.  Unused credits expire on Dec 31 and new credits are issued on Jan 1.

The ONE Automation Foundation course is available now.

Elective topics will be announced as they are created/introduced.  PhilippElmer has a Database Workshop course that is an Admin Elective (CCE is already created). You can find out more about that class here:  https://www.philippelmer.com/services/classroom-training/automation-engine-database-knowledge-workshop/ 

Automic will also probably offer a Zero DownTime Upgrade/ECC exam based upon Daniel Braaf's remote training courses.  Script 2, SAP and Advanced Admin are all potential targets for Electives.

Please be aware that while some courses build upon each other (Design 1--> Design 2) the prerequisites are not hard-and-fast rules.  If timing-wise it works better for you to do one class before another, please do so.  If you have years of expertise in the Automation Engine and feel comfortable taking the Exam at Automic World in Spring 2017 with some self-study on v12 and refreshed knowledge, please do it.  AWA Expert/Master certifications come with total completion, not total completion in-order.

• 4.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Oct 07, 2016 08:37 AM

Okay I see.

So to get the "Certified AWA Designer" it would require me to have the CCEs for Design 1 & 2 and Script 1 (total of 3 eLearning Credits). Then I have the "Certified AWA Designer" which can be done completely online.

With the "Certified AWA Designer" + an exam (like the certification for v10 @ Automic World) + elective topic test I'm then able to get the Design Expert.

Think I got it, thanks :).

• 5.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Oct 19, 2016 03:21 PM
    What if I had the instructor led requirements but don't have a document to prove it are you able to have me  on a database or should I call the instructor

• 6.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Oct 21, 2016 04:16 PM
    Hello Dorfus!

All previous tests and classes are only really applicable in the knowledge that you can prove on the v12 exams.  The database and instructor for previous classes are irrelevant at this point.  If you took a class and passed an exam for v11.2 or earlier, you still have that class certification (which is great!) but to obtain certification in v12, you will need to take the tests.  If you took a class and have been working with the product for a while, I would imagine that doing a bit of study on new features and ways of doing things in v12 would be all you'd need to pass the equivalent exam.

For example, take fictional student "Bill":
    • Bill took an AE Basics 1 class on v10 in 2012
    • Bill took AE Script class on v11 in 2014
    Bill now wants to attain the AWA Design Expert certification.
    1. Bill uses his company's eLearning credits to take the ONE Automation Foundations course
    2. He then takes the AWA Script Course Completion Exam (CCE)--no need to retake the class, since he uses Scripting every day--using another eLearning credit.
    3. Bill reviews the new features for v12, feels comfortable navigating and using v12 so he decides to use an eLearning credit to take the AWA Design 1 CCE
    4. Bill schedules an elective course, and then the AWA Design 2 class.
    5. Bill attends Automic World in 2017 to sit for the Formal Exam
    6. Passing all of the Course Completion Exams for v12 makes him an AWA Design Expert.
    Does this make sense?

• 7.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Nov 07, 2016 05:38 PM
    Every customer with a Support contract has eLearning credits.  Your maintenance level will determine the number of credits you get annually:
    Silver: 2
    Gold: 5
    Platinum: 10

These credits do not roll over, but expire on Dec 31 every year.
    New credits are issued January 1, every year.

To use these credits, go to http://www.automic.com/elearning and fill in the form at the bottom of the page.

If you are unsure of your contract level (Silver, Gold, or Platinum) please contact Support.

• 8.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Feb 28, 2017 10:08 AM
    Hi I would like to avail training for "One Automation Foundations" as we are silver 2, please guide me how can class / training will be started.
    As i am beginner for Automic / UC4

Syed 

• 9.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:02 PM
    Hello,

I would like to clarify few points.

1, I have enrolled for training (Question: - is this live training, if so, kindly let me know what the procedure is)?
    2, if I have option for live class what time and who to contact. 

Syed

• 10.  NEW Certification Path for v12 AWA

Posted Feb 28, 2017 01:02 PM
    Hi Imtiyaz_Syed_7282 !

You can register for the "ONE Automation Foundations" eLearning (and all eLearning) using the self-service form at the bottom of the page: http://www.automic.com/elearning

Live training (including virtual training) is not considered 'eLearning' and you can register for that using the page http://www.automic.com/upcoming-courses.  More classes will be posted (including virtual) by Friday, March 3 extending our dates in the US through October.  Please make sure you take note of the time zone of each class as "BST" is "British Standard Time" for the current virtual classes and may not fit a US schedule.