Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How to deal with the EVNT object in order to process each of them individually

Posted Oct 05, 2016 04:21 PM
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to use wildcard in EVNT Object.

• 2.  How to deal with the EVNT object in order to process each of them individually

Posted Oct 05, 2016 11:15 AM
    Hi,

Thanks both for you answers, I have checked my workflow and there was a typo in the "!Process" tab, I have corrected it and  now I have something detected, but I still have a problem :

7 files should be detected and I don't know how to deal with the EVNT object in order to process each of them, individually, unless I am mistaken the EVNT job is able to detect the files but not to process them.

2u80nbr9pscq.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/rc/2u80nbr9pscq.jpg" width="610">

u3c4ay0tk8ba.jpg

In the "!process" tab if something is detected a JOBS is launched :
    r7odnex38gdu.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/xk/r7odnex38gdu.jpg" width="780">

How to have 7 files detected and 7 JOBS.KAL.&ACTION# launched (1 per file) ?

Regards,
    Kalid

• 3.  How to deal with the EVNT object in order to process each of them individually

Posted Oct 05, 2016 04:52 PM
    I'm assuming that the requirement is to have a single Event detect some number of files and then activate associated objects.

We do this by using a Time Event instead of a File Event.  Within the ! Process tab is the appropriate logic, such as the required PREP_PROCESS_FILENAME or perhaps GET_FILESYSTEM to detect the desired files on the appropriate Host(s).  If detected then an associated ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT is executed. 

As is usually the case with "trigger" type file processes,  consideration must be given to ensure that the located file is deleted or renamed before the next Event interval is executed or a duplicate object will be activated since the file still exists.

• 4.  How to deal with the EVNT object in order to process each of them individually

Posted Oct 06, 2016 03:39 AM
    Thank you very much, I have found a solution based on scripting.
    I used PREP_PROCESS_FILENAME.

Regards,
    Kalid