Michael A. Lowry

Michael A. LowryOct 20, 2016 09:38 AM

Michael A. Lowry

Michael A. LowryApr 25, 2018 11:41 AM

Roney.Uba

Roney.UbaApr 27, 2017 09:05 AM

• 1.  Java UI features that are missing from AWI v12.0

Posted Oct 06, 2016 10:56 AM

Note: An updated version of this list is here: Java UI features that are missing from AWI v12.2 

List of issues / missing features

The following table lists features present in the Java User Interface that are missing from the Automic Web Interface. Details, a reference number, and the current status of each item are included where applicable. The list also includes issues mentioned in the thread “AWI Updates”.

DescriptionIdentifierStatus
    1.Context-sensitive help with the F1 key or equivalent
    (Also broken in the v12 Java User Interface)
    PMPER-1729Improved in v12.1
    2.Contextual menu when right-clicking on an object namePMPER-1729Unknown
    3.Keyboard shortcuts for commonly used commandsPMPER-1729Unknown
    4.Not possible to edit the Service Manager details of AE processesPRB00125081Coming in v12.1
    5.Verify connection to service manager is misleadingly namedPRB00125076Unknown
    6.Drag-and-drop for moving/linking/restoring objects, and adding tasksUnknownUnknown
    7.No way to reset the lock on an object that another user has open for editingNANot a problem
    8.Details entry missing from contextual menu in task executions listUnknownUnknown
    9.Move object allows lowercase letters, but does not change them to uppercaseUnknownUnknown
    10.Licenses viewUnknownComing in v12.1
    11.Send-to (other client) functionUnknownComing in v12.1
    12.Open Generated Job functionUnknownComing in v12.1
    13.Export/Import of STORE objects (objects are empty & content is lost)UnknownUnknown
    14.Export dialog box remains open after exportingUnknownUnknown
    15.Copy and paste of task pre- and post-conditionsUnknownUnknown
    16.Function to modify input parameters of tasks in Waiting for user input stateUnknownAdded in v12
    17.AWI displays the title of objects larger than the object name, if they have a title. There should be a setting to change this default behavior.UnknownFixed in v12.0.1
    18.Read the period settings of a statistic record of CPERIODsUnknownUnknown
    19.Child statistic records of !EVNT statistic recordsUnknownUnknown
    20.Display Activity for an object via contextual menuUnknownUnknown
    21.Object search based on type, agent, archive keys, script content, etc.UnknownComing in v12.1
    22.Duplicate tofunction in Process Assembly perspectivePRB00133144Unknown

Original post

We are just getting started with v12, and have begun to work with the Automic Web Interface in earnest. In the course of setting it up and beginning to work with it, I have noticed some gaps in the feature set, compared to the the capabilities of the old Java User Interface.

I just opened a new enhancement request on ideas.automic.com to ask that some handy features of the Java UI be brought to the new Web UI.

The Java User Interface has several features that are currently missing from the Web User Interface. They may have seemed like unnecessary features when the AWI was developed, but they are actually the niceties that have traditionally made UC4 an easy product to learn and an enjoyable product to use. These features should be added to the AWI.

1. Context-sensitive help with the F1 key or equivalent.
    2. Contextual menu when right-clicking on an object name, anywhere the object name appears. E.g., right click on the name of a LOGIN object when editing a job, and you will see the same contextual menu that you would see if you right-clicked on that LOGIN object in the Explorer view. This is particularly useful when editing objects that are dependent on other objects.
    3. Keyboard shortcuts for commonly used commands, such as saving, executing, displaying a report, activating the search field, etc.

The Java UI has been deprecated in v12, and will probably disappear completely in a future release. This means that the AWI will soon be the only graphical user interface for working with the Automation Engine. If you miss these features and want to see them come back in the AWI, feel free to let the Automic Product Management team know. The enhancement request ID is PMPER-1729.

• 2.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 06, 2016 11:23 AM
    Drag-and-drop from explorer windows to workflows/schedules is another feature I miss, but I must admit that this one seems unlikely to be added, given the fact that the AWI is designed around the paradigm of displaying only one object at a time.

Update 2016.10.07: It is possible to edit workflows and other objects in a new window; so perhaps this would not be so difficult to add after all.

• 3.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 06, 2016 12:00 PM
    There does not appear to be a way in AWI to reset the lock on an object that a user has open for editing. I just ran into this because I quit the browser before closing a workflow, and when I started the browser up again and tried to edit the workflow, the lock from the previous session was apparently still in effect because it opened in read-only mode.

• 4.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 06, 2016 12:01 PM
    I found no way to edit object-level authorizations in the AWI.
    Object authorizations can be edited in the AWI. Edit the object and go to General → Object Authorizations.

• 5.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 06, 2016 12:28 PM
    Oh wow, I did not expect this one: drag-and-drop to move objects does not work in AWI.

• 6.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 07, 2016 01:24 AM
    restoring an object via drag'n'drop does not work; from the context menu you can only restore the object which will move it to the <no.folder>

• 7.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 07, 2016 01:27 AM

Hi Michael,

>Context-sensitive help with the F1 key or equivalent.

Is the online help in AWI working on your side? Selecting "open help" loads the pagehttps://docs.automic.com/documentationbut does not point to AWI related functionallity.

• 8.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 07, 2016 03:16 AM
    Peter Grundler said:

Hi Michael,

Is the online help in AWI working on your side? Selecting "open help" loads the pagehttps://docs.automic.com/documentationbut does not point to AWI related functionallity.

The Open Help function in the system menu in the upper right corner of the window works fine. It does not, however, open the help page relevant to the currently displayed screen. F1 help in the Java UI does this, and it’s a huge time saver.

• 9.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 11, 2016 03:44 AM
    A small but annoying thing is the missing "Details" Entry in the Context Menu in Job Executions window.

There is a Details Button on the upper right, but its not comfortable (and for myself not understandble) why this is an extra button and not placed within context menu.

77oaku1w4nat.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/sx/77oaku1w4nat.jpg" width="1363">

• 10.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 14, 2016 09:47 AM
    I just discovered a couple of problems related to the Service Manager functions of the AE Management screen of the Administration perspective:
    • There is no way in the AWI to edit the Service Manager details of AE processes.
    • The function 'Verify connection to Service Manager' does not work at all. In fact, this function deletes any Service Manager details that have already been defined on the selected AE process.
    Both of these problem also affect v11.2.2. I reported this as INC00124638.

• 11.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 17, 2016 03:52 AM
    MOVE object (especially Folder picker) function not fully implemented.

Moving an object to another location is quite a hard job...
    • Drag/Drop is not supported - as Michael Lowry already stated
    • you have to write the path manually
    • there is no "Folder Picker" - see below
    • lowercase is possible but the path is not accepted in lower case ?!?!????
    izvu04exy2gg.jpg

The basic function "Folder Picker" is available - see JSCH object

5lek2sj2xivv.jpg  deolsvetcm2c.jpg

• 12.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 17, 2016 06:09 AM
    Wolfgang Brueckler wrote:
    Moving an object to another location is quite a hard job...
    • Drag/Drop is not supported - as Michael Lowry already stated
    • you have to write the path manually
    • there is no "Folder Picker"

There is a sort of folder picker, but it is different from the one used when adding tasks to schedules or workflows. Each folder in the target patch has a little menu that can be used to select another sibling folder (another folder in the same parent folder).

zq7qkopg53iz.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/mf/zq7qkopg53iz.png" width="578">

• 13.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 17, 2016 06:31 AM
    AAAhhhhhhh - many thanks Michael_Lowry

• 14.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 17, 2016 09:25 AM
    * Minor and does not affect functionality - but good to have when troubleshooting license

System Overview  > Licenses in 11 and older does not exist in Administration page of v12.
    Licenses in the older version gives you a list of licenses you have, how many you have, how many have been used, expiration date, etc.

• 15.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 20, 2016 09:22 AM
    Michael Lowry wrote:
    The function 'Verify connection to Service Manager' does not work at all. In fact, this function deletes any Service Manager details that have already been defined on the selected AE process.
    I received an explanation for this behavior from Automic Support: The AWI function Verify connection to Service Manager is exactly the same thing as Refresh Service Manager Scan command in the System Overview (Java UI).

The service manager record was being deleted in my case because the value of SMGR_PORT_RANGE did not include the port number to which the service manager parent of this process was listening. The scan failed to find an active service manager, so it deleted the existing service manager record for the process; it did so even though the service manager details already stored for the process were correct. Apparently, this has been the way Refresh Service Manager Scan has worked since at least as far back as v10.

When I first saw the function Verify connection to Service Manager in the AWI, I assumed it was a new feature that contacted the service manager directly using the existing service manager details already defined on the process. That would be a useful feature, but it is not what this function does.

I find the term verify misleading in the name of the AWI function. Verify implies that information will be checked, but does not imply that changes (possibly destructive changes) will be made. I requested that the name of the function be renamed to something like Update Service Manager record. Just changing it back to the original wording would also be acceptable.

• 16.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 20, 2016 09:38 AM

• 17.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Oct 28, 2016 05:14 AM
    The "send-to"-functionallity semms to be missing, too.

auqe80fbjmcf.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ca/auqe80fbjmcf.png" width="252">

Regards

• 18.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Dec 08, 2016 05:07 AM
    I appended to the original post a table listing all of the features discussed in this thread. I included a description, and the associated enhancement requests or problem tickets ID, as well as the status of the item, where applicable.

• 19.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Dec 12, 2016 09:26 AM
    I updated the table with three issues discovered by PhilippElmer and mentioned in this thread.

• 20.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Dec 16, 2016 03:29 AM

Hi Michael

I have another entry to your list of missing features in AWI (available in UI):

copy pre- or post-conditions of objects in a workflow to the same object in the same workflow, another object in the same workflow or another object in another workflow.

• 21.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 03, 2017 12:59 PM
    Hello All,
    Did somebody already mentioned the multiple client/system connections in AWI? I don't know about you but I work with several clients in projects at the same time. It would be nice to have the Java interface "multi-desktop/multi-connection" feature on AWI.
    Am I missing something? Is it possible already?

• 22.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 04, 2017 03:10 AM
    Simone Martineschen wrote:
    Did somebody already mentioned the multiple client/system connections in AWI? I don't know about you but I work with several clients in projects at the same time. It would be nice to have the Java interface "multi-desktop/multi-connection" feature on AWI.
    Am I missing something? Is it possible already?
    I assume that Automic will suggest simply opening multiple browser tabs or windows if one wishes to connect to multiple systems/clients simultaneously.

• 23.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 04, 2017 10:38 PM
    this might be the answer - but working with multiple browser windows does not allow to drag'n'drop objects from one client to another within the same AE system which was the easiest method e.g. to copy a UC_* vara object from client 0 to another client.

• 24.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 05, 2017 05:19 AM
    There does not appear to be a way in AWI to reset the lock on an object that a user has open for editing. I just ran into this because I quit the browser before closing a workflow, and when I started the browser up again and tried to edit the workflow, the lock from the previous session was apparently still in effect because it opened in read-only mode.

Update 2016.10.07: It is possible to edit workflows and other objects in a new window; so perhaps this would not be so difficult to add after all.
    Hi Michael_Lowry,
    in case you wanna reset the lock flag on an already open object, you can navigate to the toolbar and click on the "edit" button. This reclaims edit rights and in case another user has locked this object you get a dialog.
    7vye3sy8hzvk.pngt8rmv46qj29o.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/xp/t8rmv46qj29o.png" width="277">

• 25.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 05, 2017 05:21 AM
    Christine Chavez said:
    * Minor and does not affect functionality - but good to have when troubleshooting license

System Overview  > Licenses in 11 and older does not exist in Administration page of v12.
    Licenses in the older version gives you a list of licenses you have, how many you have, how many have been used, expiration date, etc.
    Hi Christine_Chavez_6412 , Michael_Lowry,
    the license overview will be part of V12.1 (included in Administration)

• 26.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 05, 2017 05:25 AM
    Michael Lowry said:
    Peter Grundler said:

Hi Michael,

The Open Help function in the system menu in the upper right corner of the window works fine. It does not, however, open the help page relevant to the currently displayed screen. F1 help in the Java UI does this, and it’s a huge time saver.
    Hi Michael_Lowry, peter_grundler_automic,
    we are working on improving the help experience along V12.1 of AWI. In parallel the docu team is working to provide new best-practise/use-case based documentation as well.

• 27.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 05, 2017 05:30 AM
    Nicolai Strelow said:
    The "send-to"-functionallity semms to be missing, too.

auqe80fbjmcf.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ca/auqe80fbjmcf.png" width="252">

Regards
    Hi NStrelow, SEND_TO is currently planned for V12.1 (Send-To AE executable object). SEND_TO for executable programs is under investigation, since AWI operates on a Webserver rather than local PC this might need to work different than it was implemented before in the Java-Client

• 28.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 18, 2017 10:09 AM
    The AWI lacks the Modify task parameters function for tasks in the state Waiting for user input.

• 29.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 18, 2017 10:17 AM
    The AWI lacks the Modify task parameters function for tasks in the state Waiting for user input.
    Hi Michael_Lowry ,
    this option actually just got renamed to "Open User Input Dialog" and will open the PromptSet when a task is waiting for User Input.
    q7jrlldbasll.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/9y/q7jrlldbasll.png" width="322">

• 30.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 18, 2017 10:23 AM
    I’m using ECC 11.2.2.GA01-267, so perhaps this capability was added in v12.
    ww10j32x9syu.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/6b/ww10j32x9syu.png" width="646">

• 31.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 18, 2017 10:25 AM
    Hi Michael_Lowry  - yes - you are right, this was added with AWI V12.

• 32.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 30, 2017 05:23 AM
    Hi everybody,

here are a few more I discovered in the past few weeks:
    • AWI displays the title of objects larger than the object name, if they have a title.
      It would be good to have a setting to change this default behaviour!
    • In AWI, you cannot read the period settings of a statistic record of CPERIODs.
      This was possible in the Java Gui from the statistics window, but in AWI it yields an error message.
    • In AWI you cannot open the child records of !EVNT statistic records.
    • In the Java Gui it was possible to open an Activity Windows for a certain object through the context menu in Explorer. 
      Would be nice to have that or something similar again!
    Cheers,
    Philipp

• 33.  Re: Java UI features that are missing from AWI v12.0

Posted Apr 25, 2018 11:41 AM

Hi elmph01. Are these problems fixed in v12.1?

• 34.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jan 30, 2017 05:40 AM
    Philipp Elmer wrote:
    Here are a few more I discovered in the past few weeks...
    Thanks, PhilippElmer! I have updated the list.

• 35.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Feb 14, 2017 11:20 AM
    The section Searching for Objects in Process Assembly on the documentation page Searching in AWI describes how to search for objects in the Process Assembly perspective:

There are two places in Process Assembly that you can search for objects.

• The Process Assembly sidebar
    • The Objects toolbox in aworkflowdefinition

In both places you can search all objects, but not folders. The search checks all objects that are defined in the client that you are logged into. You can only open or edit objects that you are authorized to.

Object Search

Steps ...

1. Switch to theProject Assembly.
    2. ClickSearchin the sidebar and type the text that you are looking for. As you type, a list of objects that contain the text in either the object name or its alias (title) appears.
    3. Click an object to open it in the main pane.
    I do not see Favorites or Search in the sidebar of the Process Assembly perspective. I see only Explorer.
    rel6cznovz5y.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/h7/rel6cznovz5y.png" width="775">
    Am I overlooking something? (This is AWI v12.0.1.)

What I would like is something equivalent to the Search dialog box in the Java User Interface.
    3dbidx5pgb9p.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/3k/3dbidx5pgb9p.png" width="750">
    Does the AWI offer these advanced object search capabilities?

• 36.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Feb 14, 2017 11:51 AM
    Hi Michael_Lowry ,

the section actually refers to the workflow definition and the search capabilities there:
    vovxzms44rjm.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/mh/vovxzms44rjm.png" width="1438">

The full advanced search dialog (by object type, content of jobs/script etc.) will be completed with V12.1

• 37.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Feb 14, 2017 12:04 PM
    the section actually refers to the workflow definition and the search capabilities there...
    There are four different search mechanisms discussed on the Searching in AWI documentation page:
    1. Global Search
    2. Searching for Objects in Process Assembly
    3. Searching for Tasks in Workflows
    4. Message Search
    The one you are thinking of is the third one, Searching for Tasks in Workflows. The one to which I am referring is the second, Searching for Objects in Process Assembly. I cannot find this feature at all in the v12.0.1 AWI.
    The full advanced search dialog (by object type, content of jobs/script etc.) will be completed with V12.1
    Great news. Thanks.

• 38.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Feb 14, 2017 12:09 PM
    I am beginning to suspect that the Searching in AWI page is a leftover from v11, and was not intended to be included in the v12 documentation.
    • TheSearching in AWI page shows up in searches, but no longer appears in the table of contents sidebar. (It did in v11.)
    • The sectionCommon Functions and Behaviornow contains a new Searching Functionssection instead, and it omits any mention of an object search function in theProcess Assembly perspective.

• 39.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Feb 14, 2017 12:23 PM
    Hi Michael_Lowry - think you´re right. Thanks for letting us know.
    Will have our Docu team to review this. There is definitely no other search on Process Assembly itself other than the global search box on the top right.

• 40.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Mar 20, 2017 05:48 AM
    Hi all,
    regarding
    • 6 - Drag-and-drop for moving/linking/restoring objects, and adding tasks
    AFAIK drag-and-drop for adding tasks to workflows should work in 12.1 as there are major improvements for the workflow editor planned in 12.1.
    @Robert Schausberger:
    Can you verify this?

• 41.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Mar 20, 2017 06:08 AM
    Hi MarcelFriedmann604907 & all,

1) Drag & Drop for adding tasks in Workflows is already available via Objects/Explorer. You can add any executable object and/or Action packs installed in your client.
    zf5fwc0470ub.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/m2/zf5fwc0470ub.png" width="1600">

2) Drag & Drop in Process Assembly / Explorer to Move Objects into Other Folders is currently planned for AWI V12.1

Best,
    Robert

• 42.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Mar 23, 2017 06:50 AM

I opened a new enhancement request at ideas.automic.com for each of the ideas originally submitted in PMPER-1729:

1. Context-sensitive help
    2. Contextual menus for objects & tasks
    3. Keyboard shortcuts for frequently-used commands

When these ideas are accepted for voting, please show your support if you like them.

• 43.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Mar 23, 2017 07:17 AM
    @RobertSchausberger
    Can you tell me when you hope to have V12.1 of AWI available?
    I am particularly interested in the improved HELP functionality.
    Can you share with us what the improvement is?

• 44.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Mar 30, 2017 08:30 AM
    Hi JohnO'Mullane,
    as of today V12.1 is planned for end of June this year.
    The help improvement should offer direct links from script functions as well as links to the appropriate help chapter within AWI perspectives/object types.

• 45.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Apr 12, 2017 12:58 PM
    Hi Robert_Schausberger_8294
    Can you please let me know if #19 "Child statistic records of !EVNT statistic records" is scoped for release with 12.1?

• 46.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Apr 27, 2017 03:50 AM
    Hi Ian_Geglia_179 ,
    yes - checked backed with our teams today and this should be available with V12.1 of AWI

• 47.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Apr 27, 2017 04:52 AM
    Hi

Michael A. Lowry

and PhilippElmer,
    There is a configuration available on configuration.properties for item 17. "AWI displays the title of objects larger than the object name, if they have a title. There should be a setting to change this default behavior."
    https://community.automic.com/discussion/9431/awi-how-to-change-the-workflows-tasks-to-show-job-names-instead-of-titles

• 48.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Apr 27, 2017 05:20 AM
    Thanks, @Roney. The wfDisplaySettings configuration option was added in AWI v12.0.1. I updated the list to reflect this. I also compiled a complete list of AWI configuration settings, including undocumented ones.

• 49.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Apr 27, 2017 09:05 AM
    Super! Thanks!

• 50.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted May 04, 2017 10:32 AM
    22. Duplicate tofunction in Process Assembly perspective
    This is documented in
    PRB00133144.

• 51.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted May 04, 2017 02:42 PM
    One thing that will be fixed in 12.0.2 and 11.2.5 is that prompts with Multi-selects do not work in AWI/ECC.

• 52.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted May 05, 2017 07:19 AM
    Hi,
    I've noticed the following 2 things while using the AWI extensively in the past few months.
    I'm on version - Automic Web Interface 12.0.1.GA01-353

These are in particular related to the PROCESS MONITOR.
    I will open a ticket on these too

1. When using the Filters,  letters disappear when typing in a TASK NAME 
    2. Simple filters that take 10 secs through Periods now timeout when using Filters.

Both these are very frustrating and as a result I have reverted back to JAVA UI for history searches.

• 53.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted May 05, 2017 07:27 AM
    An Example of no 2 above.

Following Filter selection returns no rows while done via AWI 

cbcrm607k6st.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/jd/cbcrm607k6st.png" width="1420">

Same Query in JAVI UI

5ueywvz905yu.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/rr/5ueywvz905yu.png" width="1311">

• 54.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted May 09, 2017 01:47 PM
    Aaron_Parkins_127 - FYI...this is in regards to the 'Child statistic records of !EVNT statistic records' ticket inquiry.

Hi Robert_Schausberger_8294
    Can you please let me know if #19 "Child statistic records of !EVNT statistic records" is scoped for release with 12.1?

Hi Ian_Geglia_179 ,
    yes - checked backed with our teams today and this should be available with V12.1 of AWI

• 55.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jul 10, 2017 06:04 PM
    It looks like we can create cockpits with AWI, but the cockpit entry is missing

gfsz7b96rxds.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/5e/gfsz7b96rxds.png" width="475">

Therefore the monitor functionality is also missing.

See Java UI in comparison:
    guyq0ar1smk8.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/mv/guyq0ar1smk8.png" width="424">

Robert_Schausberger_8294 is this planned for 12.1?

Thank you.

Cheers,
    Alexander

• 56.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Jul 20, 2017 09:12 AM
    Hi Alexander_Trenker_120 ,
    the cockpit object got deprecated with V12 and the functionality is/will be replace with Analytics and the capability to build dashboards upon VARA objects with 12.1

• 57.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:48 PM
    Robert_Schausberger_8294
    Will there be tabs for all RA solution in Workflow task properties in 12.1?

• 58.  Java UI features that are missing from the Automic Web Interface

Posted Sep 04, 2017 04:52 AM
    Hi Leah_Talkov_9404,
    the AWI framework (V12 and V12.1) already allows RA solutions to have task properties on Workflow level. The implementation will happen in the next generation of RA solution (by solution) wherever it makes sense - not necessarily all solution would have the need to cover this requirement.

• 59.  Re: Java UI features that are missing from AWI v12.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 04:32 AM

Hi MIchael,

of your original list with 22 items, the following items are still an issue in V12.1:
    1.  F1 key doesn't work, but context sensitive help does. Usability is a bit weird form inside the script tabs as you must not highlight the test but just right-click.
    3.  no keyboard shortcuts (yet)

8. There is still no context menu entry for "Details" in all places (e.g. PM Tasks list), but I don't consider this a real problem

9. Move object still allows lowercase letters, but does not change them to uppercase
    17. AWI doesn't prefer Titles over object Names as much as it used to in V12.0 - there is now the configuration.properties setting called "wfDisplaySettings", and its default setting is to prefer Names over Titles. But it only affects Workflow Monitor and Editor, all the other places where Titles are preferred remain unchanged.
    The most problematic ones are in my opinion:

• The "Objects" selection in the Workflow Editor, as the list is ordered alphabetically by "coalesce(Title,Name)".
    • The "History" (Verlauf) Widget because it only displays the Title for objects that have a Title.

18. Reading the period settings of a statistic record of CPERIODs is still not possible

There are still many other missing features, though. Here are a few significant ones:

• Many Settings are still missing, such as the Settings for checkback questions.
    • Executing objects from Explorer does not ask the checkback question (and it cannot be set up to do so).
      In Service Catalog and Dashboards, the chack back question was added in V12.1
    • "Advanced Search" is still missing search for RA Attributes and does not allow to Include Links of Objects in the search.
      "Search for Use" is only implemented in the context menu and not in the "Advanced Search".
    • There is currently no way to search for the use of Calender Events (aka Calendar Keywords)
    • Notification objects don't really "notify" anymore, they only appear as a new Request.
      Rumor has it that Browser notifications will be inplemented for Notification objects, that would be awesome!
    • The Workflow Editor has a few major and minor issues, such as missing multi-select of tasks, or missing context menu entries
    • The Script Editor in V12.1 has almost all features from the JUI. The missing ones:
      • Highlighting of the same word whenever so highlight a word -> Workaround via search is possible and works like a charm
      • Command-Completion (Ctrl-blank) does not include the function description from the documentation anymore
      • Inludes don't open inline but in Pop-Ups -> that's especially bad when you want to analyse code fro nested Includes
      • the Variable Picker is missing in the Script Editor, but it is available in many other places e.g. the Archive Keys

PS: I'm not a CA employee, but a CA partner - that's probably the reason for the CA badge in the Community forum here.

Cheers,

Philipp

https://philippelmer.com

• 60.  Re: Java UI features that are missing from AWI v12.0

Posted Apr 26, 2018 07:52 AM

I created a new list with just the items remaining after the release of v12.1. I also added a few more items based on the above comment from elmph01. The new list is here:

Java UI features that are missing from AWI v12.2  

• 61.  Re: Java UI features that are missing from AWI v12.0

Posted Apr 26, 2018 08:29 AM

Hi,

This is very interesting as it will help me a lot in deciding if (or rather WHEN) is the right time for upgrading to v12 and implementing AWI in my Company.

I see there are quite some improvements to be made to the AWI before I'm feeling confident to replace the old Java GUI with the new AWI (I would have loved if the AWI was already now up to speed and more aligned with the functionality of the Java GUI, unfortunately this is not yet the case).

Hopefully it will be soon..