Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

[How To] Make ARA work with another clients

• 1.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Oct 19, 2016 03:41 AM
      |   view attached
    This has been asked recently:

Question:

I have default user works with Release Manager in Client 100. I now want to create another user/client to work with Release Manager.

Answer:

1. Login in Client 0/UC/UC: Create a new user and client, please make sure that the new created user assign to the correct client with full permission and authorization.

2. Go to the ARA Server, edit the customer.config file:

Add the following line into the the connection field below according to the new user. In ARA version 12 it looks like this:

Note: Each client should have an separate ARA database, else it will cause the inconsistent between ARA and AE. In the image above, I used database : ARA2 for the client 1985 and ARA for client 100.

3. After that you have to register this user into ARA database, by using the createuser.ps1 (located in: C:\Automic\Tools\ARA\Utilities\ImportExportCLI) 

amo2a7mcr6o4.png

4. After finish, you can try to login in ARA with the new credential:

• 2.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Oct 19, 2016 11:18 AM

Duong Nguyen Nhat

Is this option also available in v11.2?

• 3.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Oct 20, 2016 03:09 AM
    Vlad_Navazhylau_6186

Yes, it's :). I just help one customer to do this yesterday with V11.2 

• 4.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Nov 08, 2016 07:44 AM
    I have a question regarding this:
    As in the ARA-DB objects (Applications, Folders, Components, even Workflows (their ARA-part)) are not stored including client-details, doesn't that mean that while the AE-objects (WorkflowDefinition, containing AE-folders, login objects, agents, ...) are client-sensitive, this leads to massive inconsistencies?
    E.g. your user of client 1989 would see applications and workflows of client 100, but when he tries to open the actual workflows (or execute them), this wouldn't work?
    He would see the ARA-representation of login objects, but he wouldn't be able to really use them in executions, as there they'd would use the actual AE-objects there would be any amount of errors?

Best regards,
    Martin

• 5.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Nov 08, 2016 11:00 PM
    Hi Martin,

You are right about that. I am about to edit this post as well, since I already discussed with the DEV Team about this, they said the correct way to setup that you should have a different ARA DB for each client. Because if they are using the same ARA DB, they will bring up the problem as you mentioned above. 

• 6.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Nov 09, 2016 02:41 AM
    Perfect, thank you.
    I have set that up exactly like that yesterday.

Works fine so far!

• 7.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

• 8.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Nov 16, 2016 10:39 AM
    Hi,

this poses another problem: Web Services (and therefore ImportExportCLI) will only work with the first <system>-entry in customer.config.
    If one refers to the second entry, it will fail with an error that the clients do not match.

Regards,
    Martin

• 9.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Jun 28, 2017 12:27 AM
    Thank you Duong_Nguyen-Nhat_2335 , this helps us solve a request

• 10.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Aug 30, 2017 11:43 AM
    Duong_Nguyen-Nhat_2335 / @Automic Team,

1. Does Automic/CA have plans for some version of ARA to support multitenant/multiclient configuration within thesame single ARA database?
    2. The issue that martin_polak_automic had mentioned above“...Web Services (and therefore ImportExportCLI) will only work with the first <system>-entry in customer.config...”, do you know what is current workaround and/or what version of ARA has this issue resolved?

Thanks,

Vlad Navazhylau

• 11.  [How To] Make ARA work with another clients

Posted Oct 04, 2017 04:26 AM
    Vlad Navazhylau

Hello Vlad, in case you have multi clients, the User in second client need to go with format
    AE's system name/Client number/Username/Department
    Eg: UC4PRO/200/ARA/ARASERVICE
    It would works without any problem