We had a question come into support that I have not yet seen answered here:
"While scheduling jobs by selecting "Execute->Recurring", on the Frequency tab We can either select "Frequency" or "At time". We cannot select both at the same time.
We are able to specify a frequency of 15 minutes, but we are not able to specify a start time."
This is correct. When you right click on Execute in the object and choose Execute Recurring, you see the Frequency tab. You can set your frequency here (every n minutes), but it doesn't allow you to pick the start time.
This is by design, but one way we can work around this is by using the bottom section where we can define a Period object.
Let's start here:
- Create a Period Object, just as you would any other object (Explorer window > New object… > Period)
- You may notice it looks like all the tabs from the Recurring Execution window in one place.
- Define the start time (Frequency section) and date (Range section) here and then save the object.
- In your job object, right click on Execute > Execute Recurring > Make sure you're on the Frequency tab > choose the Period object you just made from the Period drop-down and then hit the Load button.
- Set the frequency on the Frequency tab. Notice the start time from the Period object has been populated in the grayed out 'At time:' field.
- Hit ok.
We defined the Frequency (every x minutes) in the Frequency tab of the Recurring Execution window, then defined the future start time and date in the Period object and loaded it into our Recurring Execution. Once we hit ok, the job goes into Sleeping mode in the activities window and executes on the day and time you specified in the Period object at the frequency you specified in the Frequency tab of Recurring Execution window.
You can see the start date and time on this task by right-clicking on the task in the activities window and then going to Details > Period section.