Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

U02001007 error: User 'testuser1' is unknown or an invalid password has been provided.

• 1.  U02001007 error: User 'testuser1' is unknown or an invalid password has been provided.

Posted Nov 14, 2016 08:17 AM
    I recently ran into this error when running a file transfer job in a new v12 system:
    U02001007 User 'testuser1' is unknown or an invalid password has been provided.

I double-checked, and confirmed that the user exists and is correctly defined in the LOGIN object. The same job worked fine in our v11 system. I opened an incident with Automic Support about this back in July. Last week Automic finally helped find the cause of the problem.

It turns out that when the new v12 system was set up, some of the system settings were not copied over from the v11 system. Among these were the ANONYMOUS_X options in UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT. Once I set ANONYMOUS_FT to Y, the problem went away.

I noticed that once these three options had been enabled, the following messages appeared in the agent log:
    20161111/142206.618 - U02000231 Anonymous 'Job' is allowed.
    20161111/142206.618 - U02000231 Anonymous 'FT' is allowed.
    20161111/142206.618 - U02000231 Anonymous 'File event' is allowed.
    Part of the reason this problem took so long to solve is that the error message is misleading, and no log message indicates the reason for the problem. However, I did determine that for each of the ANONYMOUS_X options that is set to Y, a message appears in the agent log when the agent starts.

UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT
    setting
    UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT
    value

Message in agent log
    ANONYMOUS_JOBY
    U02000231 Anonymous 'Job' is allowed.

N
    None
    ANONYMOUS_FTY
    U02000231 Anonymous 'FT' is allowed.

N
    None
    ANONYMOUS_FEY
    U02000231 Anonymous 'File event' is allowed.

N
    None

I’m also not convinced that it is working 100% correctly. First of all, the U020000231 message is misleading. Secondly, when ANONYMOUS_FT was set to N, this error message appeared even when the login object contained a valid login and password for the use. I also found that settings in UC_HOSTCHAR_agentname were not honored. I’ll probably open another incident about these problems. Anyway, I thought my experience might be helpful to others.

• 2.  U02001007 error: User 'testuser1' is unknown or an invalid password has been provided.

Posted Nov 14, 2016 11:14 AM
    Michael Lowry wrote:
    I also found that settings in UC_HOSTCHAR_agentname were not honored.
    At first I drew the mistaken conclusion that one should define a separate UC_HOSTCHAR_agentname VARA object for each agent for which one wished to define non-default settings. After reading the documentation more carefully, I discovered that this is not the way it works.

For each agent in the system, UC_EX_HOSTCHAR contains a row whose key is the agent name. The word in value 1 specifies from which UC_HOSTCHAR_x VARA objects the agent settings will be loaded. (When it is set to DEFAULT, the agent settings will be loaded from UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT.)

This makes it possible to define multiple UC_HOSTCHAR_x VARA objects for groups of agents that should have the same settings.

• 3.  Re: U02001007 error: User 'testuser1' is unknown or an invalid password has been provided.

Posted May 24, 2018 04:24 PM

Exactly what I needed. Thanks Michael_Lowry!

• 4.  Re: U02001007 error: User 'testuser1' is unknown or an invalid password has been provided.

Posted Nov 13, 2018 05:29 PM

I'm seeing a similar error message on a job that runs on an OS400 V12 agent - 

U02001007 User 'testuser' is unknown or an invalid password has been provided.

we have updated the UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT variable object due to the same issue for our linux servers but this issue persists for jobs using our os400 agents.

Is there some further config that has to be done for os400 agents?