AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I use a return value from an ARA runbook in UC4?

Question asked by Michael_Wraa-Hansen_8334 on Nov 21, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2016 by Duong_Nguyen-Nhat_2335

Hello

I have tried using the runbook for fetching an object property from an ARA object but so far without much luck.

The runbook is UC4_RF.UC_RM.PROPERTY_GET and I 'add task'ed it to my workflow and subsequently used the task property window to set the inputs in the promptsets. I have yet to see how to use the return value which shows as variable &UC4RB_RM_OUT_PROP_VALUE#

My test setup is a workflow with two tasks where the PROPERTY_GET one is the first and the second just prints the value found in the first by declaring &UC4RB_RM_OUT_PROP_VALUE# as a object variable on my workflow and referencing it in my print task. A test run tells me the PROPERTY_GET finds the value of the property exactly as I want it to but this value seems not to be available outside the scope of this task. The value printed is the original one defined by the workflow.

My first thought was that a ':PUBLISH' was missing in the final line of PROPERTY_GET:

:PSET &UC4RB_RM_OUT_PROP_VALUE# = &val

but then again, this is a piece of script code supplied from Automic. Such an error would obviously have been found long ago.

So... what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
Michael

NB: I'm using UC4 10.0.2.hf1 and ARA 5.0.0.hf2 if that matters

Outcomes