Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  AWA - SKIP_TASK in Process tab of workflow

Posted Nov 24, 2016 04:19 AM
    Hi,

I want to write some code in the "Process" tab of a workflow to check if a specific file is correct (check filename, file size, ..).
    If the file is not correct, I want to skip this workflow but the parent workflow must start with the next batch in the sequence.

I'm searching for the code to skip the task in the "process" tab. 
    Can you help?

thx!

• 2.  AWA - SKIP_TASK in Process tab of workflow

Posted Nov 24, 2016 04:27 AM
    The only way I know of skipping workflow tasks is via the per-conditions within the Workflow task properties.
    I use this a lot.
    It basically skips a task based on the value of a variable set in a previous task. 
    Sounds like something you can use...

nv0oxygm50fc.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/yr/nv0oxygm50fc.png" width="761">

• 3.  AWA - SKIP_TASK in Process tab of workflow

Posted Nov 24, 2016 05:03 AM
    hi John,

Thanks for the answer.
    We use the preconditions tab also but this is specific because I want to check several things of the file (filename/ file size/ .. ).
    Another option is that I create a script to check the file and save the result in a variable (OK/NOK). Then I can use precondition tab to check if the variable is OK => run task, NOK => skip task.

kr
    Sören

• 4.  AWA - SKIP_TASK in Process tab of workflow

Posted Nov 24, 2016 05:32 AM
    "Another option is that I create a script to check the file and save the result in a variable (OK/NOK). Then I can use precondition tab to check if the variable is OK => run task, NOK => skip task."

Yes, this is what I was intending...

• 5.  AWA - SKIP_TASK in Process tab of workflow

Posted Nov 24, 2016 05:33 AM
    You also can use the EVNT.FILE Object within the workflow - if the file fits their needs you can check via Dependencies and start or skip the next following object.

there is a lot of possibilities :-)

1. use prep_process filename or prep_process file within JOBP script and deactivate the object via script
    2. use prep_process filename or prep_process file within SCRI object and use dependencies of JOBP
    3. use EVNT.FILE Object and use dependencies of JOBP
    4. use preconditions
    5. there are some more possibilities without using a JOBP too :-)