AnsweredAssumed Answered

Keeping Reports/Statistics Online & Auditing

Question asked by laura_albrecht_automic on Nov 30, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2016 by Josef_Scharl_103
Just wondering what everyone out there is doing as far as keeping their data online.  For how long are you keeping it?

I currently have my archive/reorg/unload process configured to get rid of anything older than 30 days or the last 3 executions.

However, I have just become aware of an auditing requirement which only happens 2x a year.  If I want all the data they might ask about online that would be 6-7 months of data online.  That seems like a lot to me, but I don't know - maybe others out there keep it longer and don't experience any issues?

Just a survey to see what everyone else out there is doing.  Obviously how many statistics you have can impact this as well, so also let me know how much you are running on a daily basis and whether or not you have any performance issues.

Ideally, I really don't want to have to get into offloading data and accessing it via the Archive Browser.  In an ideal world I'd love to have this data all at my fingertips, but if there's a huge performance impact in doing this then obviously I need to reconsider how I'm going to satisfy this request.

On a similar note has anyone out there figured out a way to provide auditors with a report of all modifications over a period of time taking in multiple changes?  What I mean by this is most of us look at the Last Modified date to determine when something was last changed.  But if an object was changed 3x - then the Last Modified date isn't really showing the whole picture of ALL the edits.  It's just showing the last edit.  Which may be fine - I gotta dig a little more.  It just seems like an incomplete picture and wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this.  If so - how'd you handle it?

Thanks.

Outcomes