Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Integration with BODS Webservice API

Posted Dec 02, 2016 12:46 PM
    Currently, we integrate BODS jobs using Unix shell scripts. This is proving to be clumsy when trying to manage environments, getting job reports, and killing hung processes.

Using Automic RA Webservices 3.2, I am working on a POC to perform the following operations:

Job execution
    1) Call Logon API and get back SessionID and capture it in a variable -> Only needed if we enable Session security
    2) Call Run_Batch_Job with job details ; Get RunID as return value and capture in variable
    2) Using RunIDLoop (Get_Trace_LogGet_BatchJob_Status) until Status changes to 'Succeeded' or 'Error'; Probably check every 1 or 2 minutes
    3) If Status  = 'Succeded', Call Get_Trace_Log else if Status =  'Error', call Get_Trace_Log followed by Get_Error_Log    (Get_Trace_Log gives generic job log while Get_Error_Log gives only error specific logs)
    4) Call Logout to end the session  -> Only needed if we enable Session security

Job cancellation
    On Cancellation, Call Stop_Batch_Job using RunID, captured from Run_Batch_Job

Any advice will be appreciated.

• 2.  Integration with BODS Webservice API

Posted Oct 16, 2017 02:55 PM
    Hello GreggMorris601129 ..I'm developing a project similar to yours (BODS integration with WS). Did you have any luck with it? Are you using a standard BODS webservice? Which one?

• 3.  Integration with BODS Webservice API

Posted Oct 16, 2017 03:06 PM
    Standard BODS SOAP Webservice.
    The challenge that we ran into was the Session Security over a load balanced BODS system.
    It works fine using a single system as the endpoint, but the Session ID doesn't carry over between the two (or more) servers when using a load balancer as the end point.
    I used SOAP-UI to parse and test the SOAP wsdl.xml

• 4.  Integration with BODS Webservice API

Posted Oct 16, 2017 03:19 PM
    Thank you!

• 5.  Integration with BODS Webservice API

Posted Oct 16, 2017 03:23 PM
    Another question GreggMorris601129 ...the basis team is not able to find the Standard SOAP Webservice and enable it. Did you have to make some customization or was it available on your BODS installation? For this project we do not have the BO completely installed, just the DataServices integrator.

• 6.  Re: Integration with BODS Webservice API

Posted Jun 08, 2018 10:27 AM

This approach of launching batch jobs really sounds interesting.

I'm currently using a generic shell script which calls the AL_RWJOBLAUNCHER.exe to launch a job. Shell script is placed in remote machine and multiple users have the access to call the shell script to launch the BODS jobs. Its been observed that when there are too many concurrent requests are made to launch the job , some of the lunching requests are getting failed. Perhaps my shell script is unable to call the AL_RWJOBLAUNCHER.exe with a huge volume of concurrent request.

Using webservice approach seems to a good workaround to my issue as we do not have the overhead of shell script using RDP calls to AL_RWJOBLAUNCHER.exe. 

Any advice on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinayak BHAT