Duong_Nguyen-Nhat_2335

AE/ARA v11.2 Upgrade: Need clarity "Adding Support for Existing ARA 5 Custom Actions"

Discussion created by Duong_Nguyen-Nhat_2335 on Dec 13, 2016
This has been asked recently. 

Question:

I am moving from ARA V5 and V6 and they want to get some clarity if only Windows HEAD and PRE Headers need to be updated as per Automic v11.2 online documentation or if Windows + Unix HEAD and PRE Headers need to be updated as well ?

Currently on the system after V11.2 Upgrade we don't see HEADER.UNIX.USER.HEAD object exists. we only have HEADER.UNIX.USER.PRE and HEADER.UNIX.USER.START. 

Automic Online v11.2 documentation: 

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ARA/11.2/BOND/6.0/Migration%20Guide//Default.htm#ARA/Migration/ara-migration-actions.htm%3FTocPath%3DMigrating%2520ARA%2520from%2520Version%25205%2520to%252011.2%7C_____6 

Answer:

I would suggest that you should strictly follow the document. Some customer has done this before and they don't have to modify the HEADER.UNIX.USER.HEAD, however You can try to modify the HEADER.WINDOWS.USER.HEAD first and see if you are facing on any issue. If yes you can try to create HEADER.UNIX.USER.HEAD, which is similar to the HEADER.WINDOWS.USER.HEAD, however the HEADER.UNIX.USER.PRE should be modified as below:

!unix header include
:SET &CHECK_PREP_PROCESS# = SYS_ACT_ME_NAME()
:SET &CHECK# = STR_STARTS_WITH(&CHECK_PREP_PROCESS#, "PCK")
:IF &CHECK# EQ "N"
:IF &CHECK_PREP_PROCESS# <> "EVENT.UNIXCMD" OR "FILE.BACKUP.UNIX" OR "FILE.ROLLBACK.UNIX"
: INCLUDE UC4_SL.JOBI.PREPARE_JOB
:ENDIF
:ENDIF

Outcomes