Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Java Error with RA-FTP Agent and SFTP on Windows

Posted Jan 30, 2017 07:14 AM

It might happen that the following error is shown in Reports or Logfiles with a 32-bit Java version in use:

Using hosts file = C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile/.ssh/known_hosts

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\.ssh\known_hosts (The system cannot find the path specified)

Explanation:

Java is searching at the wrong path.
    The Agent was once started with a 64-bit version of the JVM therefore Java search for the file in the system32 folder instead of the SysWOW64 folder.
    The path is set and located from the JVM and not from Automic. 

Create the file path in the SysWOW64 folder to make it work again:
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\.ssh\known_hosts

Please refer to https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/environment/sysprop.html (user.home).

• 2.  Java Error with RA-FTP Agent and SFTP on Windows

Posted Feb 23, 2017 01:05 PM
    Hi,

Good day!

In addition, if you encounter an issue creating a folder .ssh , you can try creating it from the DOS prompt.

For example:
    mkdir .ssh

Thanks
    Bob

• 3.  Java Error with RA-FTP Agent and SFTP on Windows

Posted Oct 26, 2017 05:18 PM

Did creating the .ssh\known_hosts directory resolve this issue or did you also receive a 'access denied' after creating the folder?

I created the directories with system account UC4 runs under and receive 'access denied'.

The permissions are correct but researching this error. 

• 4.  Java Error with RA-FTP Agent and SFTP on Windows

Posted Oct 26, 2017 06:04 PM
    Hi FredS ,

You might have to create this folder and file as Administrator since it's on \Windows\system32

Cheers,
    Alexander

• 5.  Java Error with RA-FTP Agent and SFTP on Windows

Posted Mar 07, 2018 11:47 AM
    Hi 

Did you ever get the bottom of this problem, I am getting the same error trying to set up SFTP connection
    Tried the above items in the posts, still no joy.

thanks
    John

• 6.  Java Error with RA-FTP Agent and SFTP on Windows

Posted Mar 07, 2018 11:52 AM
    Hi

Ignore now fixed

John

• 7.  Re: Java Error with RA-FTP Agent and SFTP on Windows

Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:24 PM

Hi John, I am also getting the same issue and have tried the fixes to no avail. Can you please share what you did to fix it?

Cheers,

Scott

• 8.  Re: Java Error with RA-FTP Agent and SFTP on Windows

Posted May 02, 2018 09:00 PM

Now fixed.  And this is what fixed it...

The path to create wasn't clear.  I originally created two folders, i.e. ".ssh"  and "known_hosts".

".ssh" does need to be a folder, but "Known_hosts" needs to be a blank file. (hosts entries will be added to this file automatically).