I am trying to come up with some AE scripting that will accomplish this:
- In a JOBS pre-process tab
- Read the platform of the job
- Set agent and login based on the platform
- In a JOBF process tab
- Read the source platform of the file transfer
- Set the source agent and login based on the platform
- Read the destination platform of the file transfer
- Set the destination agent and login based on the platform
- read theplatformof a JOBS/JOBF object independently of the agent; or
- read thesource platformanddestination platformof a JOBF independently of each other.
&$PLATFORM#pre-defined variable seemed like an obvious place to start, but using it in a JOBF results in a syntax error.
I also tried using a command like this, to read the platform of the default agent.
U00021719 Syntax error in object 'UC4.TRACE.GAELAT.SET_CLUSTER_NODE.JOBI', line '00014'.
'U01001308 Variable '$PLATFORM#' has not yet been defined.'
But this too resulted in an error later, when I tried to override the agent using PUT_ATT.
:SET &PLATFORM# = GET_VAR('UC_HOST_SW',&AGENT#)
Is there a straightforward way to do what I want? Ideally, I’d like a single bit of AE scripting I can put in a JOBI that will work all of the above contexts.
U00020521 Runtime error in object 'UC4.TRACE.GAELAT.SET_AGENT_AND_LOGIN.JOBI', line '00017':
Changing the host is not allowed after reading a host variable.