Carsten_Schmitz

List of "built-in" object permissions?

Discussion created by Carsten_Schmitz on Mar 28, 2017
Latest reply on May 10, 2017 by Roney.Uba
Hi.

A fresh UC4 installation seemingly requires permissions to (what I presume are built-in) basic objects, mostly Includes. Otherwise users can't even do basic things despite having Privileges and other object rights. These permissons were, at least to my knowledge, not shipped as a loadable database file. Stuff like:

JOBI Header.*
JOBI Restart.*
JOBI REGISTER.OUTPUTFILE.UNIX
JOBI REGISTER.OUTPUTFILE.WINDOWS
and various Object Types with names starting with "XC_".

I can only assume that these rules were initially supplied to us by a consultant.

Does anyone know where one can find a comprehensive list of these, by AE version? I could not find anything thus far.

I ask especially because we transfered our well-known list of "special permissions" into a new AE V12 installation, and while the Java client worked fine, the web client did not. We then discovered by scouring Java exceptions a new variable called "UC_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES" (which only exists in Client 0). All users need read access to this variable in V12 for the web client to work, otherwise no tabs such as "Process Assembly" will be shown despite the privileges being granted.

With the discovery of such stuff which does not seem to be in the installation guide either, I really wonder what else we might be missing. Anyone got a list of these essential permissions?

Best,
Carsten

Outcomes