Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  SQL Query - trace all (updated)

Posted Apr 20, 2017 03:24 AM
    I have an application, against which UC4 performs many actions, via multiple Workflows.
    Ok, so there is ONE main workflow, but other workflows can and do, also call some of the individual components.

When something is 'wrong' in my application, I need to trace/analyse which UC4 actions have/not occurred, and which workflows they belong to.

Now I 'think' that I have created a SQL process to gather all the required information... but it is a long, convoluted and batch driven process. 
    When anything becomes so convoluted, I can't help but think that there must be an easier way !!

Thought I would throw the outline theory out here, to see if anyone can see an easier way of achieving this ?
    • (A) Identify all the components of my main Workflow by recursively walk JPP from the parent downwards, to collect all parent-child relations 
    • (B) Collect all entries from AH for each item in (A)
    • Recursively run (B) against AH again, to collect all the 'AH_ParentAct'  - getting the chain of Jobs that ran, ending in the top level Workflow that initiated each.
    So I guess the question is ... does this logic seem 'reasonable' ?  Or is there a big hole that I have not spotted, or an easier way ?

Would be nice if the AH entries had a reference to point straight back to the exact JPP entry they related to. I did see an AH field [AH_AJPP_Lnr],  but was unable to join it with anything else that gave me decent results - but the fact that it is there makes me think that there must be a way ??

For the record, I am completely new to this system - but being a SQL-er, was asked to try and see what I could do !

Many thanks for any input :)

• 2.  SQL Query - trace all (updated)

Posted Apr 20, 2017 10:12 AM
    When something is 'wrong' in my application, I need

to trace/analyse which UC4 actions have/not occurred, and which

workflows they belong to.

Welcome to the club ;-)

Searching errors in nested Workflows and jobs is the worst thing i can imagine in my job :-(
    Today I had do search for a bug/error - a job wrote a wrong value into a VARA object.
    one out of 1.558 objects within some hundred workflows :-(

regarding yout there must be a way ?? - topic - there is always a way!
    In your case it depends on the fact WHAT or which KIND of INFO you are searching  for.

if you search for object definitions thats an easy select * from OH where.... in most cases.
    Searching for values in reports it quite complicated because you need to search for the message Number and the correct insert (of the value) thats not easy in my opinion.

I its just a search for all children that were started by a TOP workflow, that can be done quite easily by script.
    Its possible to do using SQL as well, but somewhere (quite near) ends my personal SQL kowledge :/

What kind of Information do you want to search for?

• 3.  SQL Query - trace all (updated)

Posted Apr 28, 2017 04:19 AM

Hi Wolfgang, and thanks for the reply.

For now, it is indeed just identifying the objects & activities.
    That has got to be 'step 1', and anything else will be a bonus.

Guess I was just looking to see if I was in the right direction - and noone has screamed "NO", so I'll take it that the plan seems ok.

• 4.  SQL Query - trace all (updated)

Posted Apr 28, 2017 06:35 AM
    ah ok I understand.

If you want I developed a script sometime ago that collects all children of an running object and writes them to a vara object.

I can provide you with it if you want...

• 5.  SQL Query - trace all (updated)

Posted Apr 29, 2017 03:35 PM
      |   view attached
    Here you can use my script to find all children of all jobs.

You enter the Run ID of th TOP workflow and this script iterates through all Childjobs (max 7 Levels) and writes Run ID name, Parent and the level of this job to a VARA object.

g9hlr6t16o6b.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/60/g9hlr6t16o6b.jpg" width="649">

have fun

Attachment(s)