laura_albrecht_automic

JWP's Not Starting

Discussion created by laura_albrecht_automic on May 8, 2017
Latest reply on May 24, 2017 by Michael_Lowry
Hey guys.  I am working with Support on this, but just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

I have 4 systems here and have JWP's on all of them.  No issues.  Setting this up was relatively straightforward once I got through the 1st one and documented the steps.

But I recently moved 1 system to a new server and everything's working fine EXCEPT the JWP's.  Yes, it's a different server than my other 3 systems, but not so much that it would make a significant difference.  It's not Linux & Solaris for example.  All my servers are Solaris.

I have gone through the usual steps (that have worked on all my other systems). I have the ojdbc6.jar file in the ./bin/lib directory.  And I loaded the "cert".  My command in the service manager is:

/usr/java_jre8/jre1.8.0_73/bin/java -Xmx512M -jar /u02/automic/automationengine/bin/ucsrvjp.jar -svc%port% -I/u02/automic/automationengine/bin/ucsrv.ini

My start path is:

/u02/automic/ae_servicemanager/bin/../../automationengine/bin

Hate to be repetitive, but this matches all my other systems, where the JWP starts up fine.

When I go to start the JWP's - it SEEMS to start up, generates a log file, etc. but then they switch over to a stopped status.  They attempt to start back up 2 or 3 more times, but then they stay down.  It generates a Java hs_err_* log and a core dump.

This is just my SANDBOX system, so I can certainly login with a non-LDAP account and it's not a problem, but I'm just stumped.  Anyone have any ideas / things to check?

Thanks.

Outcomes