Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

IF Workflow

• 1.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 21, 2017 09:25 AM
    I know this is an obvious answer, but can't seem to connect the dots here, so throwing this out there for a quick assist.

I'm trying to create a IF workflow for demo purposes, etc.  All I want to do is show the basic functionality of the workflow.  If A is true - run the TRUE branch, if A is not true - run the FALSE branch.  Pretty simple.  

I selected the condition "CHECK_FILE" cause that seemed pretty simple - either the file is there or not.  If it's there - run the TRUE branch, if it's not there - run the FALSE branch.

When the file is there - it runs the TRUE branch without a problem.  But when the file is not there, the entire workflow fails.  I get this error:

U02000102 Error when calling the function 'lstat', error code '2(No such file or directory)'.

Well, of course there's no file - I thought that was the entire point.   :)

Obviously there is a setting or property I am missing here.  Or perhaps something else I need to do on the Task Properties in the CHECK FILE block.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I know there's a trick here.   :D

• 2.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 21, 2017 11:27 AM
    I just did a similar test in a V11.2.4 system, and there were no errors.  Everything behaved as expected.

• 3.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 21, 2017 12:09 PM
    Hello LauraAlbrecht608310
    what agent (Linux, Windows, AIX, ...) and what exact Version do you use? There were some issues with Linux agents and checking for files.

• 4.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 09:28 AM
      |   view attached
    ClausJambrich602320

It's a Solaris agent, version 11.2.1+build.390.  The AE is running 11.2.4.

I rebuilt from scratch just to be sure and it is still not working.  I included a screen shot of my conditions.  Am I setting something wrong?

• 5.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 09:55 AM
    Do the agent and the user in login object have access rights on this file?

from the screenshot and err message it seems to me that this is an access issue...

• 6.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 10:06 AM
    Just did a small test on WIN env - everything seems fine here.

AE = Win Agent = V11.2 SP5

8k960v2ub4e8.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/at/8k960v2ub4e8.jpg" width="1196">

• 7.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 10:09 AM
    Well - dumb question, but this query or check on the file is happening from the IF box on the workflow right?  So I identify the server and the file to check, but I don't see any place to identify like a login object or user.  This is the /tmp directory - so everyone pretty much has access here, but is there something else I need to do?  "Who" is calling the function lstat?  And the error message doesn't seem to indicate an access error to me - it's basically saying the file doesn't exist.  Which it doesn't.  I was under the impression that for whatever condition / check the IF statement is doing, if the result is FALSE then it would do the ELSE block of the workflow.  In this case it seems like the FALSE result is causing the workflow to fail / abend.

I'm going to try a Windows server and also a different condition to see if those work ok.  Standby........

• 8.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 12:04 PM
    I just tried the same workflow on windows - worked fine.

I modified the unix workflow to use a different condition (before / after time) - worked fine.

Sounds like maybe there is a bug.  I'm going to try upgrading the agent and see if that helps.

• 9.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 12:14 PM
    Upgrading the agent did not help.  I will open an incident.  Thanks for everyone's help.  

• 10.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 12:15 PM
    Well, actually, now I'm getting a different error.

6/28/2017 11:12:47 AM -  U00065013 Unable to start event '4409327', reason: 'corrupt user 'esp-dev-svc' password'.

Not sure how upgrading the agent "corrupted" the user.  Interesting.......  Will update later once I have a resolution.

• 11.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 02:42 PM
    What about these settings in UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT?

and INi file of the agent....

ANONYMOUS_FE
    ANONYMOUS_FT
    ANONYMOUS_JOB

Do you have en own UC_COSTCHAR_XYZ for this agent?

• 12.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 02:49 PM
    In UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT:

- ANONYMOUS_FE = N
    - ANONYMOUS_FT = N
    - ANONYMOUS_JOB = N

In the agent INI file there are none of these parameters.

We use UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT for all agents - we don't have any customizations like that (yet).

• 13.  IF Workflow

Posted Jun 28, 2017 03:53 PM
    My guess is that it’s a problem with the Solaris agent. Let us know what you learn.