Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Need to have a trigger when job starts running.

Posted Jul 04, 2017 05:30 AM
    Hi,
    I have some particular process flows, which has under it multiple jobs, and the requirement is to have a trigger which will insert a record in a custom table telling us when a particular job has started and ended. I need this custom table for dashboard purpose to show the process of this process flow. 
    Please let me know on which table and condition I can have this trigger made.

Regards
    Satinder

• 2.  Need to have a trigger when job starts running.

Posted Jul 05, 2017 01:57 AM
    Hi Satinder,

what exactly do you mean by "custom table"? Are we talking about a database table?

• 3.  Need to have a trigger when job starts running.

Posted Jul 05, 2017 02:59 AM
    I extend Matthias' question: Are we talking about Automic DB - and a Table in it?

How does your "table for dashboard purpose" work?

What is the exact requirement and what do you want to archieve?

• 4.  Need to have a trigger when job starts running.

Posted Jul 05, 2017 03:56 AM
    Hi,
    It is going to be a database table in Automic DB schema, and this custom table which will have feed from the trigger about which all jobs have stated and ended will work as feed to the dashboard, to let it know how much the process has finished and will depict the progress of the workflow to higher management.

So wanted  to know the table on which i can create such trigger, may be with some condition if it involves so.

Regards
    Satinder

• 5.  Need to have a trigger when job starts running.

Posted Jul 05, 2017 04:43 AM
    Hello Satinder_Dhar_9414,

Version 12 includes Service Level Objective (SLO) object, a built-in feature that will probably allow you to achieve this. More details can be found here : https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.0/DOCU/12.0/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Objects/obj_SLO.htm

Please note that we do not support any custom change applied to the Automation Engine database. It should only be updated either by the AE server (CPs and WPs), or by the Automic utilities, or in exceptional cases in collaboration with support.

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 6.  Need to have a trigger when job starts running.

Posted Jul 05, 2017 05:17 AM
    Satinder_Dhar_9414

If you don't own a Version 12 yet you may take a look at the AH or EH table. Which hold the statistics of already finished jobs (AH) respectively jobs still in execution (EH).

But as Antoine Sauteron says. Changing the automic database is not supported. You should query the database read-only.

• 7.  Need to have a trigger when job starts running.

Posted Jul 05, 2017 07:56 AM
    when a particular job has started and ended.

=> I would suggest creating an email or triggerfile as soon as this particular job has started or ended.

Regarding runtime - you can use some functions - described here
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/WEBHELP/English/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/help.htm#uczagc.htm%3FTocPath%3DInside%2520Automation%2520Engine%7CRuntime%7C_____0