Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Looking for someone to share the way their organization is structured.

Posted Jul 07, 2017 04:43 PM

Looking to understand how the technical, production scheduling and operators, are you set up and how are responsibilities are divided.  

• 2.  Looking for someone to share the way their organization is structured.

Posted Jul 10, 2017 04:09 PM
    My current and last position were structured the same way.  

We have a team of "Administrators".  They are responsible for installation / upkeep of the application, applying hot fixes / upgrades, troubleshooting problems, agents, setting standards, etc.  

The actual development, monitoring or maintenance of the processes is done by various teams throughout the company.  There is no centralized department that manages this.  This has pros and cons.  Pros - less work for the Admin team, gives users flexibility, minimizes delay because of resource bottlenecks, etc.  Cons - extremely difficult to maintain / enforce standards and keep things consistent. There's a tendency to catch problems AFTER they are already in production, which is not good.  Processes work, but they are not developed / coded using the most efficient method because the users lack the in-depth knowledge of the product functionality.

Is this what you are looking for?

• 3.  Looking for someone to share the way their organization is structured.

Posted Jul 12, 2017 04:50 PM
    Thank you Laura, that tells me a lot about how your resources are structured.  I would like to chat more about oncall support.  My email is: laucro@saif.com

• 4.  Looking for someone to share the way their organization is structured.

Posted Jul 18, 2017 08:11 PM
    Hi Laura, here's a previous post that has several answers you might find helpful: https://community.automic.com/discussion/comment/17768