Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Query Variables & Prompts tab for all Unix Jobs

Posted Jul 21, 2017 12:53 PM
    Good Afternoon,

We have been creating some custom queries for some mass updates, and just wondering if anyone has had to gather all variables that are used in a JOBS object before. 
    Essentially, the query would return all Unix Jobs with whatever value is in a specific variable that exists in the Variables & Prompts tab of each job.
    I've been trying several different tables (OVB, OVD) and not receiving the results.

Please let me know what we might be missing.  Thanks everyone for the help!!!
    Tina

• 2.  Query Variables & Prompts tab for all Unix Jobs

Posted Jul 21, 2017 02:22 PM
    Mass Updates can be done via DB Change utility only.

If the mass is not to big you can export them and chenge the XML

• 3.  Query Variables & Prompts tab for all Unix Jobs

Posted Jul 24, 2017 10:20 AM
    Yes, we will be using the DB Change utility which will work fine, but the team we are working with would like to have information in advance to ensure they are updating the correct jobs.

Right now, I have a query that will at least show them all of their Unix jobs, but they also want to grab a specific variable that's defined in each one, so just looking for the right table to join to the query.

Sorry for the confusion on the question.

Thanks!

• 4.  Query Variables & Prompts tab for all Unix Jobs

Posted Jul 24, 2017 02:29 PM
    Ah now I understand!
    thx for clearification - I was afraid you are going to update some tables via SQL "just for fun"....

Look in AV Table for your Values -- for historical runs with run ID as parameter e.g.

select AV_VNAME, AV_VALUE from av
    where AV_AH_IDNR = 1481476

replace 1481476 with the run iD you are looking for....

• 5.  Query Variables & Prompts tab for all Unix Jobs

Posted Jul 24, 2017 05:30 PM
    Variables and promptsets can be overridden by their parent objects.  Jobs, workflows, and schedules can hold onto these override values and pass them down at execution time.

I have a database query that searches for the existence of where a parameter string is stored (the original SQL came from Phillipp.)  It scans tables opse, opud, and jppv to find where variable data is stored.  I'm not 100% sure that these are the only locations?

• 6.  Query Variables & Prompts tab for all Unix Jobs

Posted Feb 21, 2018 08:49 AM
    Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a query to show some values on the variables section of the variables & prompts from a workflow. They are fixrd variables so they are defined on the object. Searched for several tables but were not able to find it. Do you have any tips? I'm not looking for statistical values but for definitions.

• 7.  Query Variables & Prompts tab for all Unix Jobs

Posted Feb 21, 2018 10:01 AM
    Hi Simone

Table is OV and columns are OV_VName and OV_Value:
    select OH_NAME, OV_VName, OV_Value from ov,oh
    where oh_idnr = ov_oh_idnr
    and oh_client = 1
    and oh_deleteflag = 0
    and oh_name = 'JOBP.COMM.VARANDPROMPTS'

cheers, Wolfgang