AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  For application Manager need to find the options to migrate chains and jobs incrementally

Posted Aug 17, 2017 05:04 PM
    I need to know the steps on following

1. Steps to migrate a new chain from dev to prod without impacting existing chains
    2.Steps to migrate only new  jobs from dev to prod for the chain or process flow to which it is added  ,it should not impact existing chains incremental

To export a process flow follow the procedure outlined in the Development Guide under Exporting and Importing Objects.
     Refer to the Documentation here

• 2.  Re: For application Manager need to find the options to migrate chains and jobs incrementally

Posted May 10, 2019 01:54 PM

I exported(new) process flows, jobs, subvars, calendars into an .exp file from our test server using the Export function. Then, I was told the file was copied to the production server but in using the Import function, I do not see the file. Is there a step I'm missing? -Janet

• 3.  Re: For application Manager need to find the options to migrate chains and jobs incrementally

Posted May 10, 2019 02:03 PM

The .exp file is created in the %aw_home/export folder or directory.  If it was copied to the same location on the production server, it won’t be seen.  It needs to be copied to the %aw_home/import folder or directory.

Thanks,

Steve