AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  Automic Question/Answer posting

Posted Aug 31, 2017 11:09 AM
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Need a trial license for Automation Engine 12.2.0.

• 2.  Automic Question/Answer posting

Posted Aug 31, 2017 03:10 AM
    Hi Luu_Le_185

there are several topics that have been double or triple posted:

Just from my mind (not searched so far):
    • a bunch of Postings regarding: how to change my Automic-Support password? Answer:https://login.automic.com
    • Using Passwords in SMGR & SMGR Dialog
    • the new agent binary ucxj???s

Other Articles that should be overworked:

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Automic Question/Answer posting

Posted Aug 31, 2017 04:26 AM
    Luu Le said:
     This was an initiative from Support with most request ticket type (how-to, where is, what is etc...) to
    Hi.

I already expressed in the Community Feedback part that these things, while useful, should be separated or clearly marked, nothing more to say there. You guys seem to have been on that recently, which is commendable: I see pre-answered posts by Automic members coming up as "[Quick question]". Not sure why "Quick Question" or what that means in this context, but there seems to be a concerted effort to label pre-answered questions now, which is an improvement over before.

But I can also see where Matthias is coming from: I used to work for companies that had a policy wherein each support engineer had to make a set number of KB articles per week or month. This eventually led to people posting stuff like this to meet their weekly quota:

"Q: how do I exit the program?"
    "A: press alt-f4, or click the little red "x" at the top"

I don't know how Automic operates. But just in case Automic is considering doing this, I want to be on record: enforced quotas, especially across the part of the workforce that is not hired primarily for content creation duties, has never before aided in the production of great quality content :)

Best,
    Carsten

• 4.  Automic Question/Answer posting

Posted Aug 31, 2017 05:36 AM
    Hello Luu_Le_185

Thank you for your clarifications and the detailed answer. If my post sounded a little rude I apologize for that. I'm a big fan of the community and just want to keep it as a valuable tool for free exchange among us automic users.

Regarding your answers ...
    Regarding Automic staff posting some discussion with a Question & Answer within the Community.  This was an initiative from Support with most request ticket type (how-to, where is, what is etc...) to share the answer on the Community (if it doesn't exit already) so that other users can find it. 
    We recently had a discussion on that with Cindy_Tyson_116:
    https://community.automic.com/discussion/comment/31052#Comment_31052

She plans to improve the knowledgebase and it's articles. Maybe you should meet each other :). I personaly agree with Michael A. Lowry that the community is more a place for discussion and less for knowledge dropping. But at least the content should be marked as my colleague Carsten Schmitz pointed out.
    As for things such as this, where the answer is to contact the sale representative / account manager.  I'll talked to our Support group and see if can just create a thread, such as e.g. "When to contact your account manager" and list different aspects, that way it can be shared with with the request ticket opener (and future request ticket these would be the answer).  Additional, we (Support/Automic) can modified that thread or added additional info if anything ever change in the process.
    I have confidence in humankind and automic users, they'll get it right without a knowledge base article.

MatthiasSchelp  - If there are post you think that doesn't need to be on the forum/provide no value, feel free to PM me or post in the comment.

Thanks for the offer. If possible I would prefer to use the downvote button. Took me some time to overcome my resistance when giving someone a downvote. But now that I've done it once ... :)

Regards, Matthias

• 5.  Automic Question/Answer posting

Posted Aug 31, 2017 06:57 AM
    Matthias Schelp said:
    Maybe you should meet each other :)
    Should be easy ... they're both at Automic in Bellevue, WA. I have a hunch they probably sit in the same meetings :)

• 6.  Automic Question/Answer posting

Posted Aug 31, 2017 07:52 AM
    12.0.2 HF2 is the highest AE version (and this fall, we will be release AE 12.1 ), so it would be a while before the 12.2 would be available
    that's probably just agile development at work. I for one welcome the possibility to evaluate 12.2 today, and fully expect so see everything leading up to 12.7 by next Thursday before lunch ;)

• 7.  Automic Question/Answer posting

Posted Aug 31, 2017 12:40 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I have split this into another thread and moved it to the community feedback section from the License topic thread.

FrankMuffke - I take a look into past post and see if I can condense/clean up more.

Matthias Schelp said:
    We recently had a discussion on that with @Cindy Tyson:
    https://community.automic.com/discussion/comment/31052#Comment_31052

She plans to improve the knowledgebase and it's articles. Maybe you should meet each other ">https://community.automic.com/resources/emoji/smile.png">. I personaly agree with Michael A. Lowry that the community is more a place for discussion and less for knowledge dropping. But at least the content should be marked as my colleague Carsten Schmitz pointed out.
    MatthiasSchelp - I have spoken to Cindy previously regarding knowledge articles on community and access to it along with the topic of Automic Staff posting.  Though what we are discussion/you are seeing; a lot of the staff post you are seeing are not knowledge article but rather part of a support initiative with "request ticket" type being answer on community (+encourage user to ask how to on the community more).

I am currently working the other Community Manager and Support to change some of the process/things regarding the "request ticket" initiative and then to implement it globally within Automic.
    Matthias Schelp said:
    Thanks for the offer. If possible I would prefer to use the downvote button. Took me some time to overcome my resistance when giving someone a downvote. But now that I've done it once ... 
    That is fine :) I actually like the reaction option a bit more (since I can pull a report for the reaction vs a pm/comment =emails and take a little more time to go through it all :'( )  
    Carsten Schmitz said:
    But I can also see where Matthias is coming from: I used to work for companies that had a policy wherein each support engineer had to make a set number of KB articles per week or month. This eventually led to people posting stuff like this to meet their weekly quota:

"Q: how do I exit the program?"
    "A: press alt-f4, or click the little red "x" at the top"
    With the current process, I think we will only see question as that is if there is a "request ticket" type that comes into support (which then the technician will share it on community; in case other user have same question). If I see a question like that, it would make me a little sad inside.  But as mention above, I am currently working to tweak the current support "request ticket" type initiative/process.  

Carsten Schmitz said
    Should be easy ... they're both at Automic in Bellevue, WA. I have a hunch they probably sit in the same meetings 
    you are right :) though not this week what with training courses and working from home and all that  o:)
    Carsten Schmitz said
    that's probably just agile development at work. I for one welcome the possibility to evaluate 12.2 today, and fully expect so see everything leading up to 12.7 by next Thursday before lunch ">https://community.automic.com/resources/emoji/wink.png">
    and 13.0 by next Monday right?  ;)  

• 8.  Automic Question/Answer posting

Posted Aug 31, 2017 02:07 PM
    THX Man!

cheers, Wolfgang