Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

• 1.  How to combine Release Automation dynamic property with string in promptset?

Posted Sep 01, 2017 08:45 AM
    I have some variables coming in from Release Automation(from component dynamic properties) to Workload Automation.

rky6h9li7ew5.png

When I put only "EXT:/package" in the promptset, the value for it gets replaced.

But when I try to combine some string with the variable like above, the complete value becomes string only and value is not getting replaced for "{EXT:/package}".

How do I achieve this?

• 2.  How to combine Release Automation dynamic property with string in promptset?

Posted Sep 01, 2017 11:14 AM
    @karthikeayan,

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ARA/12.0/DOCU/12.0/ARA%20Guides/Default.htm#ARA/Properties/dynprop_creating.htm%3FTocPath%3DUser%2520Guide%7CWorking%2520with%2520Properties%7CWorking%2520with%2520Dynamic%2520Properties%7CCreating%2520Dynamic%2520Properties%7C_____0

Combining static strings and variable values should be done at Component Dynamic Property definition level.

Example
    tv7zmw56jhrl.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/v2/tv7zmw56jhrl.png" width="832">

Then on your component workflow step for Promptset you use it as
    EXT:/expected_text
    (based on example above)

Another option, but it is more convoluted, if you must combine some dynamic properties values with variables that get generated at Workflow runtime and also some static strings is to convert your Dynamic Properties values to Variables first and then you can combine multiple variables as one input into the Promtset field.

Example:

PCK.AUTOMIC_DM.PUB.ACTION.GET_DYNAMIC_PROPERTY Action can be used to convert Dynamic Property value to variable and then on your Component Workflow step in Promtset used as

prefix_string_&UC4RB_RM_OUT_DYN_VALUE#_&MYVAR2#_postfix_string
    Note that at this point no "EXT:" is used.

• 3.  How to combine Release Automation dynamic property with string in promptset?

Posted Sep 05, 2017 05:55 AM