Spencer_Cockrell_39

How to Create and Delete Queues

Discussion created by Spencer_Cockrell_39 on Sep 11, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2017 by Wolfgang_Brueckler_1288
We've received a few questions regarding this lately, so I wanted to provide a brief overview of how to create and delete Queue objects in Clients. You can do this by performing the following steps:

To Create a Queue:

1) Select "New Object" and then, "Queue" in the Client that you wish to create the new queue in. In the example below, we are creating a queue in the <No Folder> of Client 100:
0hvht6w76yl4.png

2) Name your new Queue, and modify its settings appropriately:

xabbmbppak6q.png

1zgvbu0m3wmf.png

3) Set the Queue to "Go," in order to allow jobs to run in the new Queue object:

s5fbsirby0jo.png

Your new Queue object should be ready to go in the Client that you create it in, and available for assignment on any jobs/scripts/etc, as required.

To Delete A Queue:

1) I suggest performing a "Search for Use" against the Queue name from the Client it resides within, to ensure that it is not being used in any objects:

sssolxq99cit.png

2) Once the Queue is ready for deletion, right click on the object itself and select, "Delete" - if the Queue is still in use in other objects, you may see the following message:

albe0ht1vtwl.png

wmb03jj7jct9.png

--

I hope that this brief guide is helpful. Please feel free to add any input you have - we'd love to hear from you!

Outcomes