daryl.brown_ACI

Reset tasks within schedule via script?

Discussion created by daryl.brown_ACI on Oct 3, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 by ChristopherVanBeek604155
Hello,

We're trying to plan around an upcoming UC4 outage where we'll be stopping the client for a few hours.
During this time, we'll have several schedules skip over their scheduled tasks with a status of ''ENDED_TIMEOUT - Start time exceeded'.  
Once we bring the client back up, we'll need to getting all these skipped tasks restarted.

Now I have a query that can identify all of these missed tasks (in EJPP with a status of 1941), but we'll still be looking at having to reset a few hundred tasks across a few dozen schedule objects, which I'm not looking forward to.
Now I could use the query to populate a variable and then loop through the variable to do an activate_uc_object on each object, but doing it that way would ignore any calendar conditions the schedule would have associated with those tasks, and I might end up kicking off something I didn't intend to.

Are there any good techniques anyone out there has used to recover from planned outages without having to manually go into a bunch of active schedules and resetting the missed tasks?
Alternately, is there any good way to pull the date logic for a scheduled task out of the database so that I can integrate it into my activate_uc_object approach?

Thanks for any pointers!

-- Daryl

Outcomes