Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

AWI object search fails with "java.net.UnknownHostException: aeserv1: Name or service not known"

• 1.  AWI object search fails with "java.net.UnknownHostException: aeserv1: Name or service not known"

Posted Oct 04, 2017 12:39 PM
    After I had gotten the  Java Communications Process (JCP) mostly working, I logged into the AWI and tested the new global search and advanced object search functions. They both failed with the following Java exception:
    com.uc4.ecc.backends.exceptions.AutomationEngineAPIException: java.net.UnknownHostException: aeserv1: Name or service not known
    aeserv1 is the name of the server running the Automation Engine. The exception above indicates that the object search component of the AWI is unable to look up the IP address of the AE server. Other AWI functions work OK, including the task portion of global search. I do not know why object search works differently.

I confirmed that the short host name aeserv1 cannot be resolved on the server running the AWI. The fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) of the AE server can be resolved though, so here is how I fixed the problem: I specified the FQDN using the hostName option in the [TCP/IP] section of the ucsrv.ini file:
    [TCP/IP]
    aliveTimeout=600
    ;bindAddr=111.1.1.1
    ;bindLocal=0
    chiffre=1
    connect=120
    hostName=aeserv1.mycompany.com
    After restarting the AE, object search started working.

• 2.  Re: AWI object search fails with "java.net.UnknownHostException: aeserv1: Name or service not known"

Posted Jul 05, 2018 07:00 AM

Hi Michael,

thanks for your solution. I had the same problem and now it works.

Regards

Georg