Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Oct 16, 2017 09:16 AM
    We need to stop all jobs in our scheduler from 16.30 Friday until Monday 00:05 which is the time we reload the scheduler. Can you tell me what the best method to do this is.
    Simplest approach would be to stop the Schedule then restart it.

1 - Manually from the schedule monitor :

To stop :

f6d0av0r37ta.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/kz/f6d0av0r37ta.png" width="343">

To restart :

fn947azxfc6f.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ue/fn947azxfc6f.png" width="338">

With 2 EVNT.TIME  objects and script

You can use script functions GET_UC_OBJECT_NUMBER and TOGGLE_OBJECT_STATUS

1 - First EVNT.TIME will stop the schedule.

Configure it as a "one time" event
    dmjs3uo2918k.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/6n/dmjs3uo2918k.png" width="397">

!Process Tab:

:SET &RUNNR# = GET_UC_OBJECT_NR(<Name of the JSCH>)
    :
    SET &STOP# = TOGGLE_OBJECT_STATUS(&RUNNR#, "STOP")

Then execute it once to set the desired execution time :

63lsbeqcisnq.png

rmc73qv6tfcd.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ww/rmc73qv6tfcd.png" width="281">

2 - Use a second EVNT object to restart :

Like the other one it must be a single event.

!Process Tab:
    :SET &RUNNR# = GET_UC_OBJECT_NR(<Name of the JSCH>)
    :SET &STOP# = TOGGLE_OBJECT_STATUS(&RUNNR#, "GO")

Use Execute once with these settings:

hc1vvafmdyum.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/gj/hc1vvafmdyum.png" width="289">

Please note these are just suggestions which should be tested at your end.

Kind regards,
    Antoine

• 2.  Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Oct 16, 2017 02:51 PM
    I would also get clarification on the term 'scheduler'. Are they actually referring to the JSCH object? Or the entire job scheduler (AE)? If we are talking about the latter we would want to look into stopping Clients and Queues instead of just schedule objects.

• 3.  Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Oct 16, 2017 02:56 PM
    I would stick to the correct grammar:

schedule = JSCH object
    scheduleR = Automation Engine

• 4.  Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Oct 17, 2017 04:19 AM
    FrankMuffke Michael_Pirson 
    Just to clarify we are referring to stopping the JSCH object.
    If we used the solution of stopping the Clients and Queues it means we would have to cancel/deactivate the workload over 2 days. Ideally we could just stop the JSCH but my concern is what would happen to objects that were scheduled to run during the down time.

• 5.  Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Oct 17, 2017 05:00 AM
    Hi Eileen,

These objects will receive an ENDED_TIMEOUT status. Their next run will only occur after the JSCH object was restarted.

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 6.  Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Oct 20, 2017 08:49 AM
    Hi EileenJones611035, I'm pasting your last comment here:
    Our JSCH object contains numerous worklfows, in the main these are single objects containing one or more jobs with no specific conditions configured apart from start times and perhaps a calendar.

However, our main concern is how some other scheduled objects will be affected by stopping and restarting the JSCH object ...

Due to workflow/job dependencies we have had the requirement to configure a "major" workflow - lets call this a "PROCESS" container ... to allow us to associate these workflows together.

In one example - one major "PROCESS" is activated at 18:30 daily - this contains workflows with a start time pre JSCH relaunch time - However, there are other workflows in this "PROCESS" that are configured with a +1 in the current date field and a start time after the JSCH relaunch time ie: 02:00 - this is where our concerns lie in how after the scheduler is restarted these objects would be treated.
    Not sure if I understand correctly, but all tasks that were already activated will not be stopped. This implies that tasks triggered by already activated tasks (which should logically not belong to the JSCH) will still be started.

Hope I understood your question and this helps...

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 7.  Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:01 AM
    Antoine_Sauteron

Hi Antoine - possibly not made ourselves clear ...

The majority of our workflows scheduled in the JSCH object are single entities containing one or more jobs configured with start time and in some cases a calendar.
    However, there are number of major workflows (lets call them a PROCESS for this) - the process contains numerous workflows which in turn contain jobs - the workflows are interlinked\dependent in someway - ie they all relate to say Demand Planning and need to run in a particular order or a set time.
    The example above states it is activated at 18:30 - the time of the first workflow in the process - however, there are some workflows in this process that are required to start after midnight crossing over our JSCH reload time of 00:05 - with earliest start time current day +1 @ 02:00 for example - I have checked the statistics for this type of configured workflow and they appear to be activated at the same time as the main process is activated ...

So the questions are ...

1) How would Automic handle this, if for example we stopped the JSCH object at 22:00 - as these workflows are possibly in an activated state would they need some manual intervention to stop their execution before they reached their configured start time or would they be stopped/paused state with the JSCH being stopped.

and

2) If the JSCH was stopped, for example on a Friday evening then restarted at the JSCH reload time of 00:05 on a Monday morning - how would Automic handle them - would it be the case that as the main process should have activated at 18:30 on the Sunday evening and would be in an ENDED_TIMEOUT state - that these workflows would be ignored and if require be manually executed?

Ian.

• 8.  Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Oct 20, 2017 11:04 AM
    Hi IanFindon611036

Thanks for the additional details.

1) How would Automic handle this, if for example we stopped the JSCH object at 22:00 - as these workflows are possibly in an activated state would they need some manual intervention to stop their execution before they reached their configured start time or would they be stopped/paused state with the JSCH being stopped.
    If I understand correctly : a start time has been set for the JOBP via the JSCH object, but the tasks contained in this JOBP have specific start times based on "earliest start" condition.

The JSCH simply starts tasks contained in its list, with time and calendar conditions. It does not verify the "child" tasks' status / activation. Therefore you'd have to stop the other tasks as well, or - even more simple - kill the JOBP.

2) If the JSCH was stopped, for example on a Friday evening then restarted at the JSCH reload time of 00:05 on a Monday morning - how would Automic handle them - would it be the case that as the main process should have activated at 18:30 on the Sunday evening and would be in an ENDED_TIMEOUT state - that these workflows would be ignored and if require be manually executed?
    The workflows will indeed be ignored and need to be executed manually.

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 9.  RE: Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Apr 29, 2020 02:15 PM
    Hi,
     Can we do the same for recurring schedules also along with JSCH?
     also, can we pause or pause recursively and resume recursively for maintenance.

• 10.  RE: Stopping all jobs in the Scheduler

Posted Apr 29, 2020 03:16 PM
    Hi,
     Here are a few things which I want to do, Please let me know if they are possible.

1. Using a script, can we active/inactive some of the jobs in a JSCH and then stop/GO instead of completely doing the JSCH object? that way I have control on the JSCH if I have more than 1 job in a JSCH
    2. Is there a way to HOLD/RESUME instead of stop/go for the recurring jobs? Like the menu options, we see to Suspend/Suspend Recursive and Go/Go Recursive instead of stop and start? that way scripting is more helpful to manage the downtimes and we can see the job status also like we do the actions manually?