Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Agents with mulitple NIC's

Posted Nov 03, 2017 07:14 AM
    Hello,

Need quick advice on how to handle Automic agents with mulitple NIC's.

We are using file transfer object to transfer the files to a list of agents, I can see few of the agents not registering with Primary IP which is the only resolvable IP on the machine.  This is causing a dummy IP to be used in the file transfer job which apparently fails.

We tried updating 'bindaddr' property with primary IP with no change in behavior, even if it works it will not help as the agents use dynamic IP's.

Looking forward for suggestions on this.

Thanks, Zafar

• 2.  Agents with mulitple NIC's

Posted Nov 03, 2017 10:23 AM
    @zafar ,

We have not tried using this ourselves yet but I saw interesting discussion about UC_EX_IP_ADDR that may allow you to control what IP address Agent reports to Automation Engine. Below links are for v10, I am not certain if that feature stayed the same for v11, v12+...

• 3.  Agents with mulitple NIC's

• 4.  Agents with mulitple NIC's

Posted Nov 06, 2017 05:09 AM
    Thanks @Vlad Navazhylau ,@Dat Nguyen-Tat

I appears to work but I see below challenges with it.

1. Using IP will require us to update the agents config file every time there is an IP change, which will be lot of
        manual work.
    2. Using host name will not help as we are determining sub-nets based on IP and then transfer the files.

Considering above conditions anyone thinks of a better approach?

Additionally, I am trying to understand how Automic agents determine what IP to use. I thought NIC's binding order plays a role but it looks like it is not.

Appreciate additional inputs.

Regards, Zafar