laura_albrecht_automic

Windows File Transfer - Diff Between V9 and V11?

Discussion created by laura_albrecht_automic on Dec 7, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2017 by peter_grundler_automic
Hi.  In the midst of consolidating 2 systems.  V9 into a V11 system.  Just found an issue where we have a file transfer doing a Windows to UNIX transfer.  In V9 they have *.DAT in the source filename and transfer it as *.dat.  The kicker is that the file actually IS an *.dat file on the source side, but in V9 it still picks up the file.  It's like it's not case sensitive.  Which makes sense, that is generally a UNIX thing.

But we migrated this file transfer to V11 and now suddenly the file transfer is failing with:

U00063069 Unable to convert filename, mask 'F:\qa\batch\sap\in\endopaladin\*.dat' does not match with filename 'F:\qa\batch\sap\in\endopaladin\Shire Reports_20171012000937.DAT'.

Obviously, the EASY answer is just to update the file transfer so that it has *.dat instead of *.DAT but I could swear that I remember something about this in the Release Notes or somewhere along the way.  Does anyone remember?  Is this something that was tightened up between V9 and V11?  I'm trying to find a reference in the HELP or Community but I haven't found anything yet.  I just want confirmation that there is a reason behind what we're seeing.

Hopefully someone has a better memory than I.  :-)  Thanks.

Outcomes