Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Search not showing all results in V12.1

• 1.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:12 AM
    Hi Community,

I recently held a seminar about new features between version 10 - 12.1. When demonstrating the new search functionality in our 12.1 dev environment, some of my colleagues got significant less results than me.

So I did a little research on that and found the following. When I add a NOT statement to the users permissions I get less results than without the NOT statement.

Okay, that is to be expected. Automic doesn't want me to see objects I don't have permission on. But, the only thing I did was denying Write Access to object with "TEST" in it's name.

sotpn1gqaxqu.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ou/sotpn1gqaxqu.png" width="1558">

And here is what I get as result (sorry for the german screenshots). Notice that there are still objects with "test" in it's name in the results.

j1ylklbk37qa.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/6g/j1ylklbk37qa.png" width="576">

The same user does get 3 times more results without the NOT statement in its permissions

ybvioh8b8sf8.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/s1/ybvioh8b8sf8.png" width="563">

Even worst, when I make the NOT statement more specific like the one below, so that it doesn't match any object. I get no results at all.

kuipp6c2k5xx.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/nf/kuipp6c2k5xx.png" width="1161">

boe1xny0b9sp.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/x2/boe1xny0b9sp.png" width="542">

Is this a bug or am I just going bananas? To me it looks like someone at Automic made a reverse logic error.

Regards, Matthias

• 2.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Dec 22, 2017 10:00 AM
    The behavior with NOT statement is known error and our developement is working on it.
    The only workaround:
         Don’t use NOT condition in the authorizations. 

• 3.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Jan 01, 2018 11:39 AM
    Hey Peter,

thanks alot. Wasn't able to find anything on the known error list. Will there be a hotfix for v 12.1?

• 4.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Jan 02, 2018 05:55 AM
    Dear MatthiasSchelp

The fix is currently in development. Until now we have no information when a fix will be available 

Best Regards
    Christian Glaser

• 5.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Jan 02, 2018 07:47 AM
    Hi,

Ahem ... we want to roll out 12.1 beginning in January. "Not" not being usable is a major problem because our  current permissions make wide use of it.

Is there a problem number (with a link we have permissions to view online), or a report in the known errors list? I just looked at the known errors for "12" and "current" and could not find one, maybe I overlooked it?

Thanks, best regards,
    Carsten

• 6.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Jan 02, 2018 11:36 AM
    Carsten_Schmitz_7883

Unfortunately there is no Known Error available until we know in which Release the Fix will be available.
    But if you have any question regarding the status you can refer to the Problem Ticket PRB00214553.

Best Regards
    Christian Glaser

• 7.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:03 PM
    Hi Christian,

many thanks for your swift reply.

So there may be, worst case scenario, showstopper or other significant problems in the current release, of which Automic may already be aware, but information about these may be withheld from the "known problems" section until a fix is created at a possibly indeterminate time? At least it appears that this is what's happening.

Sorry to say, but that, as a business decision toward clients with stakes in the stability of the software, strikes me as utterly unacceptable. The purpose of a "known problems" section should be to list unresolved, but identified issues just as well, so clients can make update decisions based on the best possible data, and not run into problems in testing (or worse, production) that are already studied.

Please kindly see if this feedback can be channeled to the responsible parties within Automic.

As for the issue at hand, this is rather major for us, and I hope Automic can address this swiftly. Cheers for looking up the problem number for us!

Best regards,
    Carsten

• 8.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:06 PM
    Oh, I do have one inquiry about PRB00214553.

Could you kindly let me know, does using "not" in permissions only affect the search, or have other unintended effects been observed? Thank!

• 9.  Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:20 PM
    Dear Carsten_Schmitz_7883

At the moment we are not aware of any other side effects.

Best Regards
    Christian Glaser

• 10.  Re: Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Sep 25, 2018 06:51 AM

Hi,

just a quick update. Looks like this is fixed in version 12.2.0. Maybe earlier.

Matthias

• 11.  Re: Search not showing all results in V12.1

Posted Oct 17, 2018 02:23 PM

Has anyone checked if this is fixed in version 12.1.1 ?  Our current permissions use "NOT" quite frequently.