Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

• 1.  How to select connection Dynamically for REST ( RA ) JOB

Posted Jan 01, 2018 06:49 AM
    Hello All,
    I am creating a REST Job to trigger some third party actions via REST , however , need some help in adding the connection dynamically as the connection details - User Name and Password would be different per environment and I would like that to be controlled in the workflow where it has been configured.

Kindly assist on this.

k1awal9k56bt.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/tu/k1awal9k56bt.jpg" width="1183">

• 2.  How to select connection Dynamically for REST ( RA ) JOB

Posted Jan 01, 2018 06:50 AM

• 3.  How to select connection Dynamically for REST ( RA ) JOB

Posted Jan 03, 2018 04:30 AM
    Hi Jagdish,

You can enter directly a variable name in the Connection field - like &RESTCONNECTION#. The variable can be defined from a different location - via script or promptset for instance.

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 4.  How to select connection Dynamically for REST ( RA ) JOB

Posted Jan 04, 2018 01:02 AM
    Hello Antoine_Sauteron  , I cannot type anything in the connection field , it only accepts value from drop down.
    Would you like to have a quick WebEx , I can show the problem to you.

• 5.  How to select connection Dynamically for REST ( RA ) JOB

Posted Jan 04, 2018 09:57 AM

Hi JagdishGidwani609069,

You are right, I thought it was also possible in REST jobs but it's not.

What you should be able to do however, is to use a :PUT_ATT script command in the job's pre-process.
    The specific attribute for connection is 'restConnection', so if for instance you want to use the connection object defined with variable "&RESTCONN#" the script should be :

:PUT_ATT restConnection = &RESTCONN#

Here is the page that refers to the WebService jobs' attributes - look in the XML Name column for the attributes, as can be used with :PUT_ATT:
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/RA_WEB_SERVICE_REST/4.4/Agent%20Guide/help_en.htm#RA/WS/AWI/Web_Service_Job_Attributes.htm

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 6.  How to select connection Dynamically for REST ( RA ) JOB

Posted Jan 05, 2018 01:21 AM
    Antoine_Sauteron - Thank you very much
     To make it simple may I request to raise an enhancement to keep the connection as a variable object.

• 7.  How to select connection Dynamically for REST ( RA ) JOB

Posted Jan 05, 2018 04:01 AM
    Hi Jagdish,

Sure. Please feel free to do so at ideas.automic.com.

Best regards,
    Antoine